Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Urgent Where to buy Enfamil A+

doe eyes is offline Registered User

Urgent Where to buy Enfamil A+

hi

i am on pain killers and cant breast feed my baby right now..

She can only drink Enfamil A+ stage 1 and throws up if we feed her anyother baby milk. WE cant find Enfamil A+ anywhere in HK, can you please advise where I can buy this?

I need it urgently

Thanks a lot for your help

tenten is offline Registered User
    Sorry to hear you aren't in top form right now.
    Had the same issue 2 months back - must have called 30 different supermarkets, Watsons and Mannings in a panic. Finally realized that there is a MeadJohnson hotline no on each tin - when I called to complain about their ridiculous supply issue, the lady on the line said that if were to become a "member", they could deliver 3 tins to my house within 24-36 hours! And that going forward, if i needed any, i could just call and have tins delivered!

I was livid! There clearly isn't any shortage, and appears that they are tinkering with their supply into the marketplace, drip feeding the retailers.
    Apparently Enphamil has become the brand of choice amoungst Mainland shoppers and i feel they are deliberately making it scarce in the shops to make it seem more exclusive and hard to get. Indeed when i went to Jason's and Park n Shop today, there was none to be had. It's ridiculous! Seems like such a scam making it so unnecessarily stressful.
    Apologies for the long post/vent...sadly i have no choice but to be a customer as my baby takes well to their foumula. So call them first thing in the morning
    on 25106321. All the best!

elle is offline Registered User
    If it's that urgent, call your pediatrician and see if he or any other docs he knows have it on hand. A number of pediatricians sell the full sized products (our doc is out right now unfortunately) and often also have sample sized tins. We use Enfamil stage 1 and I haven't been able to find it anywhere around Central for weeks, so frustrating.

Another suggestion - ask your pediatrician if he also has samples of a bunch of other brands. We tried a few and found our baby also tolerates the Wyeth formula quite well. The protein source in both is very similar and our pediatrician recommended it as the closest alternative on the HK market.

elle is offline Registered User
    Thanks tenten - so helpful!

tenten is offline Registered User
    Oh and meant to add, if I had an extra tin lying around, you would be welcomed to it but I'm down to half a tin...have to call them tomorrow for my delivery as well. When you call them tomorrow, give them hell for me will you :)

rani is offline Administrator
    According to today's SCMP, supermarkets have been selling Formula to mainland middle men and it doesn't look like they're making it on the shelves. ICAC is investigating.

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    If you really cannot find the milk powder in HK, call up friends or relatives in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore and have it shipped in. I have found Enfamil sold much more cheaply (30% lower) in Carrefour Bkk and Tesco Malaysia. They are sold in vacuum refill packs, not tins. In Singapore they are sold in larger tins, 1.8kg for about HK$100 cheaper, gram by gram. I don't know if the milk powder tastes different but my girl seems to be drinking it happily. I have stockpiled on the refill packs on my last trip to Malaysia. I have had the same problems finding the milk powder here in HK and have no time/patience to hunt down supplies whilst working full time.

It's a disgrace and downright criminal that hoarding of food supplies is allowed in HK - just another sad example of poor consumer protection here.

taysty is offline Registered User
    where do you stay? Is it Meadjohnson Enfamil Stage 1? There's one large can lying around in the Chinese Pharmacy in Heng Fa Chuen Shopping Mall. If you want, you have to hurry. I just rang for you to check. I feel for you though my baby doesnt take this formula as i have bought for my friend's baby too. I think HFC apparently have stock a little bit more easily.