Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr Alex Doo & Dr Patrick Chan fees & hospital fees

SATCmum is offline Registered User

Dr Alex Doo & Dr Patrick Chan fees & hospital fees

I know there has been a number of threads posted on these doctors but was not able to get the info I wanted. Just wondering if anyone can share what the charges are with Dr. Alex Doo for natural birth & c-section as well as Patrick Chan's. It will be most helpful if you can also share which hospital you delivered?
    I am a first time mum who spent most of my life in Canada and have no clue on how the system works in hk. We have no insurance coverage as well.

sunrays is offline Registered User

It is best to see the Dr and ask directly if they have any packages. Explain you do not have any insurance and see if they can help you. In addition to their charges you will need to find out from the hospital what they charge (Matilda does packages too) then you will also need to pay for the pediatrician and anesthetist. As private hospitals have different classes of room from private to 6 bed, so you pay more for EVERYTHING.Dr, Paed, anesthetist if you take the most expensive room. Bizarre but that is how it works here. Also you pay more for elective C-section and most for emergency C-section. Hope that helps.

SATCmum is offline Registered User

Thanks, yes, certainly is a bizzare compared to where I came from. I am scheduled to see both of them in the next week. I guess I will know then. It's terrying hearing the news over the weekend that most hospitals are fully booked till October!