Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Matilda full, Canossa full, stuck with Baptist

o_lll is offline Registered User
    if baptist is not far from u, would u consider union in shatin? it's bright n roomy there. if i m not living in the island side, i would go for union for sure.

i heard there are private and semi private wards available in public hospital and the charge is as much as the private. if u cannot get a confirmation w/ private hospital and have no preference for a c-section, going to public can actually be an option. some local moms are seeing both private and public. those plan to deliver in the public hospital will take the private as a second opinion and to have more ultrsound scan (at each visit). those plan to go private will take the public as a plan B, just in case there is an emergency, they have a medical record in the public. i heard that emergency delivery before 33 weeks is not accepted by matilda, not sure if this applies to all private hospitals in hk.

to my best knowledge, only matilda or the public hospital will let you have your baby by your side even u r not in the private ward.

taysty is offline Registered User
    I know that for Aventist, they will not take in any women before week 34. It happen to my friend before as dr ask her to bed rest. So she bed rest for a night, and Aventist think that there's a risk of her giving birth premature, they sent her to Queen Marry.

mariac is offline Registered User
    Cherina - I recommend you try Union Hospital in Shatin. They have beautiful private rooms and baby can room with you. I am scheduled to deliver there. If you want, PM me and I can give you my doctor's name.

cathryn is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    We booked at Matilda at 18 weeks, see Dr Michael Rogers - he gets beds reserved for him. It was no problem me getting in.
    Good Luck

Catan and Cherina - I got a private room at the Union Hospital when I was 6 months along. The hospital is newer and nicer than Matilda and the rooms are beautiful. But they are in Shatin so they do not tend to get a large expat clientele. But so far, I have found all the staff to be friendly, helpful, and with sufficient English skills. Moreover, they have tried to accommodate all the requests on my birth plan for a natural delivery, baby-rooming in, etc. If you have insurance or if the money or location is not a problem for you, I would recommend looking into the Union. PM me if you have further questions or need to see a specific doctor there.

Cherina is offline Registered User
    Hi, Thanks for the advice about Union but I don't really want to change to a different doctor. I'm holding out for Matilda, think I will get in eventually.

Cherina - yes, doctor is most important. i hope it works out for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12