Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Acupuncture

inkmink is offline Registered User
    There were some old threads that recommended Cecilia The from Vitality Center. I have tried her (not for fertility) but for inducement and found her very experienced, extremely helpful and sweet. There was another lady in the same center (can't remember her name) and I found her not that great.

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    Just out of curiosity...for fertility treatment, do both husband and wife are required to do the needle session?

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    It depends on what your husband's test & consultation reveal. My acupuncturist wasn't going to put any needles unless my husband needed it. She asked a lot of questions - lifestyle, eating, drinking habits, work/stress levels, medical history. His tests did not reveal anything that hindered fertility so the onus was really on me.

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    Thank you NEWBIE. Your posts r helpful. Thx u for sharing

sakula is offline Registered User
    Has anyone tried Dr. Sum of Health & Joy TCM Clinic ? I got his name indirectly from some success stories . I will go for IVF in the next few months and try to have acupuncture and herbs within this ‘preparation window’, and hop that I can pregnant naturally ! Or any other recommendation ? Troy is good but expensive.
    AngelaBoarder likes this.

inti is offline Registered User
    Hi, I saw this thread while TTC and tried out Dr. Sum at Health & Joy based on recommendations here and elsewhere. I went just before ovulation (it felt like the acupuncture boosted this process) as well as a week later, during implantation, and I got pregnant that cycle!

I don't believe acupuncture is a cure-all, but I was spotting a lot before and after my periods, and I was concerned about ovulation, and this is the kind of thing that acupuncture can really address. Also, Dr. Sum isn't super-communicative, but he's extremely competent, and I'd done enough research to feel confident that acupuncture would be helpful in regulating blood flow and hormones. It seems to have paid off, and I plan to continue seeing him during my pregnancy.

Good luck to all the other ladies!
    rani and AngelaBoarder like this.

rani is offline Administrator
    Thanks for sharing Inti and CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't forget to join the Due Date Group and meet some other expectant Mums

Due Date Clubs
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

AngelaBoarder is offline Registered User
    Hello Inti,
    I have just read your post and was wondering how successful you were with the accupuncture from the Health and Joy clinic? I am currently seeing him now as well. I found out i was pregnant a week ago so i went to have accunpuncture done as i hear that it's good to help with prevention of miscarriage ( I miscarried in Feb 2015) I just wanted to find out whether you were happy with the service as i am a lot less stressed and been taking the chinese herbal meds religiously and also doing moxibustion at home.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

Angela x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12