Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Acupuncture

bubs123 is offline Registered User

Acupuncture

Hi
    Has anyone tried acupuncture with Helen He from Holistic Central? If so, could you share your experience?

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for over a year now.

What are your views on acupuncture?

banane76 is offline Registered User
    I haven't heard of Helen He, but I have heard Troy Sing is also good. He's in Central on 50 Wellington (I think) and he does specialize in fertility.

whereintheworld is offline Registered User
    bubs123 - are you still trying naturally or using any fertility assistance?

I've heard of Troy Sing too, but from a while ago. It seems his name comes up quite a lot. I have not used him though, but am looking to give him a go, so any advice from anyone who has used him would be great!

bubs123 is offline Registered User
    Yes still trying naturally, have decided to see a doctor, any views on Dr Alex Doo?

Pinkgal is offline Registered User
    I went to Troy Sing for quite awhile and I didn't like him. He doesn't really give you much of a diagnosis or tell you what he is doing. He comes in puts in the needles, turns on music and walks away. My girlfriend has recently completed a degree in Chinese medicine and has been infinitely more helpful then he ever was. I am now looking for someone else to try.

julie_hlthcoach is offline Registered User
    I've tried Helen He for about 12 sessions give or take. She does explain what's going on...like if you're "damp" or "dry" etc. However, I thought the needle insertion was quite painful (I have a moderate pain threshold) during days 26-30 on cycle. She explained that I would be more sensitive during the end of the cycle. I couldn't take the pain anymore and stopped. I thought the stress from the anticipation of pain may have offset the acupuncture benefits! Long story short, it didn't help me in the fertility sector. I haven't found another acupuncturist. I've heard of Troy Sing, Gianna Buonocore from IMI, and Dr. Ma on 2 Hysan Ave in CWB. Dr. Ma is the only person I've heard of personally that has helped someone (a g/f used him and got pregnant in her 3rd IVF attempt) get pregnant. Troy Sing & Gianna Bounocore I've heard through the grapevine...no direct success stories. Thanks for sharing your experiences or what you have heard about other acupuncturists. I appreciate it!
    AngelaBoarder likes this.

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    I know some of the posts here are old but I just wanted to share my acupuncture experience. I was TTC with no assistance whatsoever for about a year when I thought I should shift gears and do something about it. I was having second infertility so I went to a acupuncturist specializing in fertility. Unfortunately, this was back in Sydney but I wanted to share with you the things she made me do to assist in conceiving:

1) check up on husband's sperm count & motility

2) go to a nutritionist to gain more weight. I am a skinny little thing so she jokingly said, you have to be like Goldilocks - just right.

3) had a hycosy to make sure there weren't any blockages in the fallopian tubes etc

4) drink some Chinese herbs that she made to "warm up" and produce warmth

5) make a record of my basal body temperature at the same time each day, in bed (she told me not to get up but have it at your bedside table)

I'd visit at least once every two weeks, sometimes once a week. After 4 months of acupuncture, I got pregnant & now have a four month old baby girl.

I believe acupuncture worked for me. Each woman is different so what works for others may not always work for some. But for those of you who are thinking of acupuncture, I just wanted to share my success story with it. Sorry I couldn't be of help with regards to an acupuncturist in Hong Kong.

Good luck and don't lose hope!
    AngelaBoarder likes this.

meechan is offline Registered User
    I am looking for a good acupuncturist specialize in fertility in Hong Kong. My menstrual cycle is a mess. I do temping and I think I never ovulate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast