Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Playtex Drop-in Bottles for long flights

southside852 is offline Registered User

Playtex Drop-in Bottles for long flights

Has anyone used the playtex drop-in system? They are the ones with the disposable liners.

We are thinking about our flights back to the US from Singapore this summer and I refused to take 10 bottles on the flight with me this time around....With my first son, we had all the pre-boiled water already filled in the bottles that we brought on board, but I am wondering if the drop-ins are good as I would only take 3 bottles and 10 teats instead.

Has anyone used these for traveling? Avent used to make them too, but haven't seen them around.

Would love some feedback before investing in them!

penelope is offline Registered User
    We used them for the twins,when we travelled back to europe last summer.We thought they were brilliant.(we would have had to bring 20 bottles on board...)the only thing is that it s a bit difficult to measure the amount of water especially with the drop ins I found it easier with their "classic" bags.you just have to fill them in 2 times. the first time for the bag to expand properly wait 5 mins and pour the rest. but the drop ins bag are fine as well just bring a real baby bottle to measure the water.
    do a test before you go to see which bags you prefer

And you don t need to bring 3 bottles just one will be fine. They don t have medium flow teat available here(or they didn't at the time) I looked everywhere...
    The slow one is VERY slow and the fast one way too fast. Get them from the US if you can

Penelope, thanks for the feedback! So there were no problems with leaking? Did you use the drop-ins all the time or just for traveling? Our son uses Dr.Brown's now, but I just don't want to bring all of them on board? I don't think they have the classic bags anymore just the drop-ins, but will check!

also what age were your twins when you used the medium teats? Our son will be 8 months when traveling so I was just going to buy the fast teats from the US.

My twins were 1.5 months old. We actually kept using the bottles for a while after that ( 4 months).Then I got tired of buying the bags so we went back to Avent.(everything adds up with twins)
    I think they have the classic bags it s in a small square box.

No leaking problem if you put the bag correctly.During the flight after each feed I would go to the galley and rinse the bottle and cap with their hot water,change the bag and teat, refill the water so we were ready for the next feed. I had 2 ziploc bags one for the dirty teats one filled with clean ones and tongs to manipulate.

you can get the fast teat here but check with your baby before as it s just pouring out...

littlesunshine2 is offline Registered User
    We've used them recently during a trip to India, as I wasn't sure if i could properly wash the bottles. The drop in worked fine, my daughter found them very funny, 'cause she could squeeze it form the bottom and all I had to do was dropping the teat into hot boiling water from the kettle (which the hotel provided). I used both the pre-formed drop ins as well as the (cheaper) plastic liners that you have to pull over the rim of the bottle. Neither leaked..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast