Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cupcakes for baby half year old birthday

taysty is offline Registered User
    @ blessed
    My baby is 5 months 2 weeks. I'll check out on prince bakery. It's like less than 1 min walk from where I work! :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Surprised no-one has mentioned Complete Deelite in Central. The decorated cupcakes range from $18 - 22 (for standard ones). They also have a discount if you are buying a dozon. See their website. They are a favourite at my work when people are doing a birthday cake treat:

http://completedeelite.com/v2/
    Last edited by starbucks2; 03-15-2011 at 02:29 PM.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Complete deelite are ok...cake-a-licious are super sweet. I find the Sift cupcakes better quality tasting and actually cheaper than the "special" ones at cake-a-licious. It will cost more for customization, but they're beautiful iced anyway on their own I find. Sometimes I find the complete deelite a bit on the drier side. There used to be Babycakes before too, but I think they shut down? Someone did mention Complete deelite in the earlier posts, I think.

Gracey is offline Registered User
    I was disappointed with Complete Deelite. I got 10 cupcakes for more than HK $200, which is alot, considering that cupcakes are made of pretty cheap material. They were pretty, but the cake was a little dry. I expected more for that cost.

If you have an oven, cupcakes are super-easy to do with cake mix.

Or, if you don't have an oven, you can buy non-designer, plain cupcakes somewhere and just decorate and frost yourself.

After all, I don't think a 6-month-old can really tell the difference!

Just thought buying a few nice one to take pics for my baby. Also to give myself a treat. :)

geomum is offline Registered User
    Complete Deelite is a rip off honestly, its good/ people love it because no one in HK does cakes as pretty as them. So its more about lack of choice that its so popular. The owners mum herself confessed to me that if they have a cake that has been baked a few days ago and not used, they keep it in the fridge and use it on another order.
    I paid a fortune for my daughter's third birthday cake, as the lady who was to originally bake the cake fell sick. The cake was gorgeous looking BUT it was stale, dry and not worth the money.
    I can bake cakes a million times tastier BUT I am not very good at decorating. I plan to learn once my kids a bit older when I have time.

geomum is offline Registered User
    Cakealicous cakes are super sweet and the icing sugar is too grainy and chunky. Also I find that for the fancy cakes the final look is not very polished and rather sloppy looking. My friend ordered a jungle themed cake and one could hardly make out the different animals. Its cheaper for a reason ;)

Thanks geomum for your advice!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast