Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Take a break?

Biggie is offline Registered User

Take a break?

What do you do when you are just stressed out with baby/kid/household stuff, and just want to take a break? (but cant just leave babies/kid/house stuff). Can't even take a relaxing bath because of c-section wound issue!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Frenchy is offline Registered User

I go for some clothes shopping, then a good gossip magazine that I read while having a lunch with a light salad followed by a huge creamy cake with a cappucino, and then a little bit more shopping ! I usually manage to do this in maximum 3 hours, so I don't even feel guilty !

carang is offline Registered User

i go for a 45 minute massage to a local lady who works out all of my knots. it's not a "relaxing" massage, much deeper than that... but i always feel like a new person for about 2-3 days.

the other thing i have done with hubby is go for a day to shenzhen for a massage there.... much cheaper, longer and i also go for the foot scraping and a manicure/pedicure...

but, you can't do that just yet if you have had a c-section within the past 6 months.

what would i do? i would probably have someone care for the kids and take myself to a movie....just me...

my kids go to bed around 7:30-8pm. after that i stick a flashdrive into our dvd player and watch tv shows that i just don't have time for during the day. (i also usually do quite a lot of computer work, when tv is on)....lately i've been watching CRIMINAL MINDS, THE GOOD WIFE, BONES, SUPERNATURAL, GREY'S ANATOMY, CSI (all of them) etc.
    i also make sure that i read a "me" book before i go to bed every night, no matter how tired i am.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I cry. Or yell at my husband.
    Seriously, though, TV. My babes also have early bedtimes. My time after is for tv, iPad, and chocolate until I fall into bed. I just had my first bath post c-section yesterday. Ahhhhh....

geomum is offline Registered User

I scream at my daughter (Poor thing) and make up for it by buying her something nice the next day. Eat everything and anything I can find in the kitchen/ fridge. Go clothes shopping for my kids or just sit on my computer and ignore them while they play with the helper. Go to sleep feeling sorry for them having to deal with me being so horrible the whole day. Give them a million ****es when they are finally asleep in the evening. Happens once a month at max.

Last edited by geomum; 03-21-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Typo

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned

All great suggestions - I also love to get out for a walk on my own somewhere green like one of the Country Parks it makes me feel human and away from all the hustle and bustle. But other times I would got the Frenchy option or a pedi or massage.....

Obiwan is offline Registered User

If I can't get out of the house ... I veg in front of the TV.

If I can, facial, massage, hair cut. Would love to go shopping, but since I was pregnant, I started losing interest in that ... at first cos nothing really looked good with the expanding waistline, and post pregnancy, nothing still looked good! So I often end up shopping for my daughter. I find the selection in HK pretty limited and expensive. I liked Smarty Pants but they have closed. There are a couple of on-line stores I like. One in particular www.ilovegorgeous.com. I love the dressed, they are pricey tho so have to wait for sale to buy them.

pixelelf is offline Registered User

i sit down at our craft table. give my 3 year old glue, glitter, paper and safe scissors. place the baby nearby in a bouncer watching us. then i start to do some craft. latest craze... make my kids accessories. turn on the music. lasts 45mins.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast