Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Experience of Matilda waiting list - apparently i'm no 12!

clearwaterbaby is offline Registered User
    Just as an update, I called yesterday to check where I am on the list - No. 17!! And they have 10 people currently outstanding with their deposit payment so seems like chances must be slim! Kicking myself for not getting around to booking until 10 weeks.

HKM2 - if you booked at 8 weeks, at least you'll be higher up than me! Best of luck!

HKM2 is offline Registered User
    clearwaterbaby - Thanks so much for sharing the update. I am hopeful that we will both still get in. I met with my doctor recently and she was very reassuring. I'm fairly confident that resident doctors can get their patients in. In fact, I was told that the number of patients on my doctor's October 2010 waiting list was greater than this year, yet they managed to get all those ladies in!

I am prepared to make a back-up booking at Queen Mary, at the later stages, if I get nervous close to my due date. But, I'm waiting and hoping for the best for now. Good luck to us both!

zzsp23 is offline Registered User
    I JUST found out I'm pregnant! and booked an OB/GYN tomorrow for an appointment. Just reading through the posts, how do you actually "go with" one OB vs another? Do you just see another for exactly the same check-up and decide between the two? isn't it awkward to tell your 1st OB/Gyn that you don't want to go with them? Sorry if these seem like silly questions, but since my appt is tomorrow, I don't know if I'm expected to "sign up" with this Dr, or whether is okay to "shop around"?

Another reason I'm asking is related to the original poster re Matilda hospital, since I'm keen to give birth there, is it wise to find one of their resident doctors first up instead of being on the waiting list and then being rejected because my OB/GYN wasn't one of their priority doctors?

Thanks so much for any replies!

Biggie is offline Registered User
    @zzsp
    You can tell your OB you are still deciding on which dr to use, or you don't have to say anything. I went to three OB and yes do the same check, ask the same questions etc then decide. You don't have to tell the ones you didn't choose, just don't make a follow up appointment. Honestly they all have lots of patients they won't care. You should ask them about hospital booking and see what they say.
    Posted via Mobile Device

zzsp23 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Biggie for your reply! I'm very excited at my first appointment tomorrow, but all this talk about hospital's being booked out is making me nervous!

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    I am due in September. I requested a booking at Matilda at 7 weeks and was put on the waiting list. I called them and I was #1 on the list. Confirmed patients are given 4 weeks to pay the $20k deposit. At 16 weeks they confirmed a bed for me as others didn't pay. I'd say if you're # 12 after the deposit deadline your chances are slim. Beds might open up as people may have to deliver at QM due to complications, or some miscarry, but I think most people that pay the deposit will have their baby there as it is non-refundable unless there is a medical reason.

My suggestion would be to give Matilda a call and find out when the deposit deadline is for your due date. Once that's passed if you don't have a bed find out your number on the list and if you're not top arrange for an alternative. The midwives are great and will recommend that anyway if they see no chance for you.

Good luck!

catan is offline Registered User
    I'm 32 weeks now and still no word from Matilda. The clinic told me they expect that I (and a bunch of others) will be confirmed around mid-May.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123