Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Experience of Matilda waiting list - apparently i'm no 12!

Tartan is offline Registered User

Experience of Matilda waiting list - apparently i'm no 12!

Hi there
    I wondered if people could share their experience of being on the Matilda waiting list. I'm 11 weeks and have been told I'm no 12... Really wanted to deliver there as I delivered at St Pauls the first time around and wasn't very happy with the after care. I'm not sure whether a different obstetrician would be able to assure me a place or if I have to hold tight for the next 4 months or so...

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Hi Tartan...I'm not sure who your OB is, but I think best thing to do is hang tight and make alternate plans in case Matilda doesn't come thru - you don't want to lose your place on the waiting list! My OB advised me to 'pre-book' Matilda at 7 weeks even though they don't take bookings until 9 weeks. The earlier you pre-book, the better chance you have of getting a confirmation. I got my confirmation right away at 9 weeks...early I know, but I knew spots at private hospitals were scarce. I am 12.5 weeks now.

P.S. congrats on your pregnancy!

HKM2 is offline Registered User
    Evgreen,
    How does one pre-book Matilda when they don't accept bookings until 9 weeks?? Further detail is much appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by evgreen View Post
    Hi Tartan...I'm not sure who your OB is, but I think best thing to do is hang tight and make alternate plans in case Matilda doesn't come thru - you don't want to lose your place on the waiting list! My OB advised me to 'pre-book' Matilda at 7 weeks even though they don't take bookings until 9 weeks. The earlier you pre-book, the better chance you have of getting a confirmation. I got my confirmation right away at 9 weeks...early I know, but I knew spots at private hospitals were scarce. I am 12.5 weeks now.

P.S. congrats on your pregnancy!

Tartan,
    How do you know you are number 12? Are you number 12 according to your own doctor's list or is there a way to get this info from Matilda? I'm at 10 weeks and am also on the Matilda "deferred" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Hi there
    I wondered if people could share their experience of being on the Matilda waiting list. I'm 11 weeks and have been told I'm no 12... Really wanted to deliver there as I delivered at St Pauls the first time around and wasn't very happy with the after care. I'm not sure whether a different obstetrician would be able to assure me a place or if I have to hold tight for the next 4 months or so...

evgreen is offline Registered User
    The private practice where my OB is working submitted my application forms and 7-week scan details into Matilda ASAP. Although the hospital will not confirm until 9 weeks or after, I still had to wait almost 3 weeks before I got a confirmation. Hope that helps.

Tartan is offline Registered User
    I called them direct and they told me. I have also since changed OB as I wasn't pleased with my original guy so am hoping that as he's a resident there that it should be no problem although I might have to wait some time for confirmation

clearwaterbaby is offline Registered User
    Worrying. I am 11 weeks too and received my 'declined' message earlier this week. I must be well below no. 12 then! Would be great if people can post here when they get a confirm so the rest of us have cause for hope! :-) I have asked my OB to book Adventist as a back-up. Sounds like most of us are due in October.

Keep waiting for Matilda or book Adventist?

I'm due October 22 and am on the "deferred waiting list" at Matilda (applied late at 8 weeks with my first OB). As a back-up I saw another doctor recently and because they sent in my information a few weeks ago, was told I have a booking at Adventist.

I definitely prefer my first OB (who only delivers at Matilda), but am thinking it would be foolish to pass up an offer to book at Adventist (though I understand there is no 100% guarantee of getting in even with a confirmed booking, not to mention I like my second OB considerably less than the first). What to do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast