Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Stand and Deliver: My most recent birth experience

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by taysty View Post
    Was thinking of you yesterday as i thought where's thanka2? Maybe, waiting for my beer! LOL :)
    I never did get that green beer! Who wants to take me out for one?!

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    My baby isn't even a week old and I'm already almost ready to go through it again if my next birth would be equally good.
    LOL! U r a brave one Thanka2. If I went through half of what you went through, I'd have just 1 child!
    Honestly, I have so much respect for you and the strength you have shown us ladies on this forum in the last couple of years :-)
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

taysty is offline Registered User
    I never did get that green beer! Who wants to take me out for one?!
    Me! I am living so close to where you delivered your angel.

Honestly, when you're in so much pain, you still remember so much details? You're unbelievable. I already decided to get epidural when i reached hospital. You are really one brave women with so much power and strength.

Oh, now that you deliver, you future post will be about motherhood instead of everything pre-natal, birth plan and ..... ;P

Quote Originally Posted by taysty View Post
    Me! I am living so close to where you delivered your angel.

Honestly, when you're in so much pain, you still remember so much details? You're unbelievable. I already decided to get epidural when i reached hospital. You are really one brave women with so much power and strength.

Oh, now that you deliver, you future post will be about motherhood instead of everything pre-natal, birth plan and ..... ;P
    He he he. You live on HK Island East? We will probably have to make several more trips back to the hospital in the coming weeks--you should come meet us for a drink (maybe not beer but...).

I remember the details because I was unmedicated--the pain makes the details (at least some of them) even more vivid. I was fully present at the birth of my child (mind, body, soul--all very clear)--utilizing the natural pain-killers my body was producing to get me through.

I really implore you to reconsider the epidural thing because it's not a perfect solution for the pain and can lead to more complications for you and the baby. People think that epidurals are not risky but they are.

Anyway, hmmm...not sure what I'll write about here on this forum now that the baby is born but who knows, maybe I'll become a doula or midwife or something. Wouldn't that be crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuasimother View Post
    LOL! U r a brave one Thanka2. If I went through half of what you went through, I'd have just 1 child!
    Honestly, I have so much respect for you and the strength you have shown us ladies on this forum in the last couple of years :-)
    Thank you, Quasimother. Coming from you this especially a high compliment and very affirming.

Biggie is offline Registered User
    Congrats!
    I'm with Shenzheniffer -- glad my C-section was uneventful....

taysty is offline Registered User
    He he he. You live on HK Island East? We will probably have to make several more trips back to the hospital in the coming weeks--you should come meet us for a drink (maybe not beer but...).

I remember the details because I was unmedicated--the pain makes the details (at least some of them) even more vivid. I was fully present at the birth of my child (mind, body, soul--all very clear)--utilizing the natural pain-killers my body was producing to get me through.

I really implore you to reconsider the epidural thing because it's not a perfect solution for the pain and can lead to more complications for you and the baby. People think that epidurals are not risky but they are.

Anyway, hmmm...not sure what I'll write about here on this forum now that the baby is born but who knows, maybe I'll become a doula or midwife or something. Wouldn't that be crazy?
    Yes, heng fa chuen in Chai Wan.

Doula or midwife? I wont want you, you'll stop me from getting my epidural. Haha. Kidding.

Enjoying bonding with your little new arrival. :)

tsubasa is offline Registered User
    THanks that did help to think of it that way, actually. I would really really love to be more ready for this but I am afraid I won't be very ready since I'm having a hard time finding classes anywhere in ENGLISH other than on HK Island. I am going to a one-time class at our hospital in Cantonese with my husband translating for me once, and that's all I've got so far...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast