Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

strawberry picking

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User

strawberry picking

Its the season for strawberries, and we would like to take our LO for strawberry picking, but don't know where.

Can anyone please suggest a farm for strawberry picking, preferrably around TaiPo or Fanling?

Thanks in advance.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    There's a little farm in Sheung Shui, along Castle Peak Road that had nice sweet pick your own strawbs at a good price (basically, available from December onwards but haven't visited recently so not sure how many are left). It's on the Castle Peak Road towards the North District Hospital end. Coming from North District Hospital, it's about 2-3 mins drive down Castle Peak Road, on your right. There's a Chinese cloth sign (red) outside and it's next to a scrap metal yard ....sorry, can't be more precise than that! Good luck!

bloominginHK is offline Registered User
    There is a strawberry farm near Tai Mi Tok (spelling?) in TaiPo. It's not in English so I don't know the exact name but if you are driving there, you'd see some big yellow signs. It's also near a BBQ place. I'll ask a friend of mine for the name. There is also a place in Fanling called the Rainbow Organic Farm (I believe) it's connected with Lavendar Gardens though I'm not exactly sure how'd you get there, we drove. Actually, strawberry season is almost over it ends in April. The Rainbow farm has had the best strawberries but it's about 70 a lb. The place in Tai Po is 40 a lb.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Just went to tai tong Lychee valley, in yuen long last friday for my son's school outing, they have strawberry farm where you can cut strawberries - $80 per pound(?). It's so juicy and sweet. Have fun.

babydoll is offline Registered User
    Try Lavender Farm in Sheung Shui. They have a website in English. Just google it.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    If you want to come out to our village outside of Yuen Long there is an organic strawberry field (quite big) where you can pick strawberries as well as a lot of open space for kiddos to run around--you can also pick your own organic veggies. We wouldn't mind showing you around if you make it out here. You can take the 64K bus from Tai Po almost directly here.

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the offer thanka2. Yuen Long is a bit far for us but will ask DH if he is willing. Will let you know if we plan coming that side. Thanks again.