Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Too young for playgroup?

taysty is offline Registered User

Too young for playgroup?

Hope this is the right place to post. My baby is turning 6 months soon. I'm thinking of bringing her to playgroup. However, many comment that it's a bit too early. I am a first time mum and I think I'm not playing with her enough or the right way. She can sit unsupported for quite a while but not with her back straight. Being Chinese, mum and MIL even think I'm crazy when I wanted to start tummy time for when she is 3 months. Anyway, I thought going to those free trial wouldnt harm? Anyone can give advise or know any playgroup good for babies?
    Posted via Mobile Device

southside852 is offline Registered User
    6 months is a great age to start playgroups! i put my first son into a playgroup in our blding when he could sit up unassisted.

Are you looking for a playgroup @ where you live or a structured one like Gymboree or Panda Junction in Central?

I dont think at where i live (Heng Fa Chuen) they've got playgroup for babies. I'm willing to travel, as long as it is still within HK island.

I'm looking at Causeway Bay, Taikoo and etc. Central would be my 2nd choice. Also depends if they offer free trial so that i know what i'm getting and if it is worth me travel west.

Is Panda Junction good? I've never heard of it.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    My son did Panda Junction starting at 6 months and LOVED it! We did a trial there and at Gymboree. Personally, I prefer Panda Junction's space and curriculum. Michelle (the owner) does a great job at organizing the class and keeps everything everything extremely clean after each class. I also liked how the play space gets closed off after free time and the "structured" portion starts. Kids get so easily distracted that it helps with their focus.

www.pandajunction.com

Gymboree - I felt that my child was not stimulated and that the teachers were just going through the script. Definitely check out both though and see how your child responds.

Thank you southside852, will check out on PJ. :)

sunnyk is offline Registered User
    Hi taysty,
    There's also a new playgroup just starting in Quarry Bay, not far from you, called Sensational Baby, which my son has been to and enjoyed a lot. It caters for babies starting as young as 6 weeks so your daughter would be fine. There's a free trial class for the first time as well. Check it out www.sensationalbabyhk.com

free trial class? great. Thank you so much sunnyk! :)