Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Our neverending search for a helper

jojojo is offline Registered User
    Wonder how would one feels if one is being called 'half brain'. My family's helper has been with us for more than 10 years. This in Spore though. So when we hired one here, we were mindful not to hire one with loads of education because imagine how does it feel like working as a DH despite getting all the education. We interviewed more than 10 and hired our helper knowing that she's a terminated helper and knowing that we couldn't get references. She's perfect. She doesn't have much education but so what because she loves my son the way she loves her own son. Cleans the apartment well. Does she know how to teach my 7 month old? No, maybe not. Does she read him books? Well, no. But what's important is that she respects us and love the boy and clean the apartment. Maybe we have low standards but we're happy and she's happy and we go to work knowing little boy is in good hands.

carang is offline Registered User
    sorry, starbucks, i was refering to the poster who claimed helpers only had 1/2 a brain... not to the original poster.

i agree, trust is number one and it is NOT too much to ask to request a helper be honest.

hkmom1 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Our first helper was a total nightmare, stole a lot of money/things from us and couldn't be trusted at all. With our second helper I absolutely love her and trust her and she's great. She's probably one of the big pro's to staying in HK. I have to say I used a different agency this time around thought the agency was great. They really take their time with the helpers and employers in terms of training, communication and finding out what you need.

If you haven't already try giving them a call
    http://arrowes.hk/

anotherone is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by hkmom1 View Post

If you haven't already try giving them a call
    http://arrowes.hk/
    Hi hkmom, yes I have.... ;)

cloud9cruiser is offline Registered User

Looking for new helper

anotherone, did you find a solution to your problem? We are currently in the same situation, just terminated our last helper and looking for a good recommendation as I have an infant.

anotherone is offline Registered User
    Hey Cloud9, it might sound nuts but I actually had another chat on Skype with the applicant from the agency (the lady who gave me dodgy-sounding reference letters), and decided to give her a try at the end of our chat. So watch this space - I hope I will report back with good news this time round....

PS I am NOT pleased with the daylight robbery "helper insurance levy" that the Phils government is now demanding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12