Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shenzhen visa - at the border?

penguinsix is offline Registered User

FWIW my friend and I crossed at Lo Wu. We got to the room 'with the lines' and I went off to fill in an arrival card. He stopped a Chinese border agent and asked 'where can I get an entrance visa" and she asked "what passport are you holding?" After he said "Swedish" she pointed back down the hall where we came from.

I got in line (about 10 people). By the time I got to the front he returned. He said something about having to go to a different level or something to get the visa but I wasn't sure exactly where.

I also crossed at Lok Ma Chau / Fu Tian crossing the other day. This is the other entrance on the spur of the East Rail Line and it was a bit less crazy than Lo Wu. It is also in a very nice / new facility. You can get directly on the Shenzhen subway from this crossing and it was simply an easier experience than Lo Wu.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone. Have now called up our work travel agent and they have confirmed that Aust/NZ passport holders can still get a "landing" visa in Shenzhen at the border in Lo Wu.

newbiekt is offline Registered User

UK passport is fine to get a visa at Low Wu too. You just go upstairs and fill out a form. If you are there by 10am it takes about 15 mins. It is more expensive though than doing it beforehand. I have done it twice in the past 6 months.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User

Since others have mentioned the other crossings, let me add that this quick visa is *only* available at LoWu. You must already have a visa to go thru other crossings.
    And I'll repeat : The rules change and they can change without any announcement. Just because UK/Canada is allowed today, there is no guarantee that they will be allowed tomorrow.

Strong suggestion ; Get your visas before you get to the border. Its cheaper, you have more choices of crossing points and you wont have to worry about waiting in line just to get rejected because the govt no longer likes your kind of passport.

HC

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Thanks HC. On prices, for my passport anyway, getting a visa beforehand is double that which I would pay at the Lo Wu border. Perhaps it is cheaper for UK/Canadian passports to get it beforehand but certainly not the case for Australians/NZ'ders. I do understand that the rules can change overnight though.

Meanwhile, don't even get me started on the need to have a visa for China when I am a PR in HK ...

hknanny is offline Registered User

French passport holders can not get one at the border since May2010.
    US passport holders can not get one at the border since... forever...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12