Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Organic Yogurt

Dianeb is offline Registered User

Organic Yogurt

Hi all

I would like to introduce yogurt to my 8 month old baby..and I have heard that greek yogurt is the best...is this true?

If so, does anyone know where in HK I can get organic greek yogurt? Thanks!!!

Diane

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Maybe 360?

Dianeb is offline Registered User
    thanks..but would you know if greek yogurt is necessarily better? or is it just thicker and creamier? and do you know if I can feed yogurt to a 8 month old everyday? Thanks!!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I give 2 "Petits Miam" to my 8 months old daugther every day... she looooves it, and never had any trouble.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    I'm with Frenchy on this.
    We used Petit Miam for my older child (who is now 5) and will use it again for my little girl (7 months).
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

banane76 is offline Registered User
    I don't know if greek yogurt is better...we use petite miam and now yeo valley. But I think you can just use regular natural yogurt.

katfroggatt is offline Registered User
    i use Yoplait Baby Yoghurt, you can buy it easily at Park n Shop, Apita, Fusion and Great at Pacific Place. My son absolutely loves it! I used to buy Greek yoghurt as well, but i find the yoghurt becomes watery after i open which i think isnt so good for our babies hence i resort to the smaller size yoghurts which are perfect in volume for 1 feed :)

ozmerc is offline Registered User
    We use Easiyo unsweetened full-fat greek yogurt, which we can make 1 litre of yogurt for about $45. The reason we use it is cost and because it's fresh and thus the good bacteria levels are supposedly higher than 'dead' pre-packaged yogurt. Easiyo have a number of organic flavour options which are a little more expensive than the regular ones. But I don't worry too much if it's not organic since it is made from NZ milk which I trust.

Maybe try your baby on some high quality greek yogurt with some fruit puree in it (the plain yogurt might be a bit sour and unpalatable otherwise). But if he/she will eat unsweetened yogurt then that's great. There are lots of good brands at any of the international stores such as CitySuper.

Just check some of the kid's yogurts carefully first, I have found many are very high in sugar and don't seem to have much in the way of nutritional value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast