A toddler and a baby - one room...good idea?
- 04-03-2011, 12:24 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
- South District
my daughters are 22mths apart - and did try to have them sleep together in the same room...works for nap time as it is OK if the younger one wakes up the older one...but not fool proof for bed time (though I must say, I stopped tring 4 mths ago when older one was 2.3 yrss and the younger one 5mths) since my younger one used to wake up in the middle of the night crying for no apparent reason for 5mins and then put herself back to sleep - and then the older one would be awake...very much awake and want to play!
having said that I believe if I were to reintroduce it now (2.7yrs and 9mths) it should work as the younger one is completely sleep trained...but haven't really done it yet - perhaps i'm lazy - don't know...just want something fool proof. they LOVE sleeping in the same room and when they wake up from naps (the younger one only cat naps whilst the older one likes long 1 hour naps) the older one is always upset with the younger one for disturbing her sleep - but they laugh it away it is great just watching! just wouldn't want that to happen in the middle of the night....there is a key to making it happen "right" though - #1 has to be asleep first before I take #2 into the room cause #2 is a light sleeper (#1 is a deep sleeper) and would be woken up if #1 decided to throw a fit and not want to sleep....
- 06-30-2011, 05:43 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
I'm planning on having mine sleep together as well. Fingers crossed!
- 07-03-2011, 11:00 PM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2011
- South Island
I'm in the same predicament. My first is going to be 24 months when my second is born and they will have to share a room. It's going to be a challenge, and I'd like to see how other moms arrange it. If other moms have any tips/advice on how to make it work please share!
- By Obiwan in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 7Last Post: 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM
- By OX Jess in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 12Last Post: 11-22-2010, 11:14 PM
- By fennho in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 15Last Post: 05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
- By X-NYC mama in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 2Last Post: 10-05-2006, 10:53 PM
- By mattiko in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 5Last Post: 05-18-2006, 10:16 PM