Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A toddler and a baby - one room...good idea?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    my daughters are 22mths apart - and did try to have them sleep together in the same for nap time as it is OK if the younger one wakes up the older one...but not fool proof for bed time (though I must say, I stopped tring 4 mths ago when older one was 2.3 yrss and the younger one 5mths) since my younger one used to wake up in the middle of the night crying for no apparent reason for 5mins and then put herself back to sleep - and then the older one would be awake...very much awake and want to play!

having said that I believe if I were to reintroduce it now (2.7yrs and 9mths) it should work as the younger one is completely sleep trained...but haven't really done it yet - perhaps i'm lazy - don't know...just want something fool proof. they LOVE sleeping in the same room and when they wake up from naps (the younger one only cat naps whilst the older one likes long 1 hour naps) the older one is always upset with the younger one for disturbing her sleep - but they laugh it away it is great just watching! just wouldn't want that to happen in the middle of the night....there is a key to making it happen "right" though - #1 has to be asleep first before I take #2 into the room cause #2 is a light sleeper (#1 is a deep sleeper) and would be woken up if #1 decided to throw a fit and not want to sleep....

greenmama is offline Registered User
    I'm planning on having mine sleep together as well. Fingers crossed!

AudreysMom is offline Registered User
    South Island
    I'm in the same predicament. My first is going to be 24 months when my second is born and they will have to share a room. It's going to be a challenge, and I'd like to see how other moms arrange it. If other moms have any tips/advice on how to make it work please share!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12