Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

South Bay Towers or Pacific View

Junebugwhite is offline Registered User

South Bay Towers or Pacific View

Hi there, just moved to Hong Kong this week and trying to find apartments. I am 6 months pregnant, and know only one person who lives in Repulse Bay. Does anyone have experience with South Bay Towers at 59 Repulse Bay road? I am deciding between a place in this building, or going with pacific view. Also looking at the Bel Air....but not sure if I will feel isolated out there. Any advice is so much appreciated.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    We lived in Pacific View and LOVEd it! They got great facilities - play area for kids, pool etc...There are tons of families in the area too b/c of the Manhattan and the American Club. Another bonus is that it's so close to Stanley and Stanley beach - you can walk it.

elle is offline Registered User
    As noted above, Pacific View is very expat family friendly. Know lots of people who live there and love it. Good facilities for kids, lovely location.

Junebugwhite is offline Registered User
    Another silly queston, but it really is my biggest phobia. Did you have problems with Roaches? I know....I've probably moved to the wrong country if I'm worried about that. :)

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Yes, wrong country if you are worried about roaches! We actually only saw 2 roaches while living in Pacific View for 1.5 years, but I believe it's really about how you keep your flat. I am a bit of clean freak so my helper and I would be very diligent about keeping the place extremely neat and tidy. Our bins were cleaned out regularly w/toys, always checking behind couches and tvs w/all the wires. We vacuumed twice a day and when we left for the summer everything gets put into plastic storage bins with covers and most things are put on tables. We don't leave food out in the kitchen or overnight. Surfaces are cleaned up immediately after being used.

Roaches are everywhere in HK though - it's humid, it's wet and it's hot. Hard to avoid.....