Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

My little one fell off the changing table this morning ....

Macaron is offline Registered User

My little one fell off the changing table this morning ....

... and I feel so ashamed and like I am the worst mother ever. It was just a split second that I did not have my eyes on him.

I turned and saw him just before he landed on his back (and probably the back of his head) at the same time, and I just wanted to die. I've taken him to the doctor since and everything seems ok but I have to watch him closely for the next 24 hours.

I am watching him like a hawk right now (he's napping), checking his breathing etc. I feel so so terrible

megan2008 is offline Registered User

We've all had things like that happen to us (things we feel like we could've prevented). Try not to be so hard on yourself.

banane76 is offline Registered User

my baby fell off the bed when i put her down for a second and turned around to grab something...i felt terrible. she got a bump and a bruise on her head but she's ok! it happens to everyone, don't feel bad.

sunrays is offline Registered User

We have all done it. My little girl fell off the bed at least twice. No harm done. It is an awful feeling but you are not a bad mum.

lizliz is offline Registered User

You are lucky that your baby everything is fine.

I heard a story that a mum put her baby in bed and she was doing cooking in the kitchen (open plan that she still can see her baby). And then her baby just fell off from the bed to the floor and got brain damage. So sad.

She said she has no idea how was it happened because her baby can't crawl and turn (probably baby know how to turn but she hasn't yet seen it before the fall)

We all need to be careful. And do thing to prevent it like make the bed stand very low that even the baby fall from it also won't get hurt also with carpet on specially tiles floor.

Leta is offline Registered User

Macaron.. U r not a bad mother :) if you said that then I am the worst ever coz my daughter had fell off the bed not once but a couple of times and sometimes she will hit somewhere most unexpected. And thank God nothing serious happen to her maybe just a bump on her. Impt thing that I learnt when ur Bb hit hard on forehead, pls use ice pack almost immediately to help reduce the bruise. And at the same time console him or her. Afterwhich have to watch out for abnormal behaviour like vomiting... If Bb vomit after hitting head,then you will need to bring him to doctor.

My gal is very active ESP when she was learning to stand and walk. Even till now at 16 mths, at times I still can't catch up with her. Her energy level is super high..

When she fell, I was like you... First few times i Was really upset with myself.. Was even depressed abt it... But as times pass I learnt that this is part and parcel of kids growing. I am not saying that you shd let them fall BUT sometimes they are really too fast for you to even think and help them. And you can't jus blame urself.
    Jus have to be careful and watch Bb as best as you can:)

Hope this help to make you feel better!

prone_to_wander is offline Registered User

It happens. Don't beat yourself up over it. We all make mistakes and accidents happen. Ignore people like lizliz

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

It sure does happen to most mothers at one point or another - mine fell of the bed and landed on his nose when he was around 8 months. Don't beat yourself up x