Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Stretch mark prevention

RileyC is offline Registered User
    Thanks for sharing! Although it may not help, I'll still continue slathering on the anti-stretch mark cream in the lead up to the birth. At least I'll know that I've done everything I possibly could! :) I'm also hoping that I'll be as lucky as those of you who got zero stretch marks.

Sazzy, I won't be needing any more products. Thx
    Posted via Mobile Device

Mini-me is offline Registered User
    I used the mama mio tummy rub oil too and got no stretch marks. I applied it twice a day from about 3 months.

collsi is offline Registered User
    Hi - I used a belly band (as well as tight stockings) throughout both my pregnancies on the recommendation of my doctor. She believed this would help to 'keep things in place' by providing support as 'everything loosens up'.
    Although I agree that stretch marks really depend on how quickly you gain weight and how fast your skin's elasticity can keep up, I didn't get any stretch marks and I think that the support band helped a little towards this as well as helping with recovery.
    I didn't really use any creams in either pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by collsi View Post
    Hi - I used a belly band (as well as tight stockings) throughout both my pregnancies on the recommendation of my doctor. She believed this would help to 'keep things in place' by providing support as 'everything loosens up'.
    May I ask what kind of belly band you used? Was it the soft fabric kind or a more structured one (like those that people use for back support)? Was it uncomfortable or too hot to wear in summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-me View Post
    I used the mama mio tummy rub oil too and got no stretch marks. I applied it twice a day from about 3 months.
    Mama Mio seems to be rather popular.

collsi is offline Registered User
    Hi - The belly band I used was given to me by my doctor - It had a 'bone' to mark where the back was and was made of strong elastic and velcro - the sides overlaped in the front under my bump & there were 2 additional elastic straps higher up that overlaped from either side into the front. It was pretty supportive and very comfortable to wear during my first pregnancy (delivered in May, so carried in the winter). At times it was a little uncomfortable during my second pregnancy on very hot days (delivered in October so carried throughout the summer) but was okay most of the time. I found it comfortable overall & would recommend using one

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned
    I am with ozmerc on this one, while it feels nice to moisturise your skin especially when in it is really 'tight'and itchy from stretching, it makes no difference to whether you get stretch marks. I also know many women with small tummies, didn't put on much weight and still got heaps of stretch marks and those who were huge and had none. I got mine in the last 2 weeks with my first pregnancy, earlier with my 2nd. I had an enormous belly (people thought i was about to drop from 6 months) and was a normal size elsewhere so that probably didnt' help. Also the theory about being older didn't apply to me, I had both babies in my 40's. The stretch marks have pretty much faded but i have really loose wrinkly skin on my belly which looks far worse and I don't think that is going anywhere....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123