Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Union Hospital - Semi-Private or Private Room

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Really? didn't know that. They just told me that i would have to hire a private nurse if I wanted to have my baby room in overnight. Don't know if it has anything to do with my c-section. Probably they thought that because of the surgery, I would have had problem taking care of my baby by myself? .. so for my case, they would require a nurse?

Well, never mind... i think I wouldn't have asked for that anyway.... My baby stayed on the nursery room on the first day, and I didn't have him room-in until the 3rd day.... As a 1st time mom, I (and specially my husband) was a little bit afraid that we didn't know how to take care of him........ But good to know... Probably will request it next time!

CFM
    CFM is offline Registered User
    Yes I think you really have to budget 100K. Just to clarify - I had an emergency c-section with my baby delivered 4 weeks early due to my having Pre-eclampsia. They changed my package to the c-section package without any dramas. My little girl did not need any additional care (despite being only 2 kilos at birth :)) Care was excellent.

To confirm - baby CAN stay with you overnight (despite the official policy that states otherwise...) There is no need to hire a private nurse (even though that is what the admissions staff tell you). My girl stayed with me in the room every night and the nursing staff came and assisted me with a nappy explosion in the middle of one night when I was on my own as my husband could not stay that night. My ability to move was a little restricted because of the surgery but they had no problems coming to help at any time of day or night. The only time my baby left my room was for a bath each evening (maybe 1 hour maximum) and also when she went for special screening tests. She was with me at all other times.

My bill was around 100K. Baby required nothing other than usual monitoring and pead visit daily. I did require additional monitoring due to me elevated blood pressure, which was charged for. Also my doctor gave me substantially discounted doctor fee because she had quoted me the wrong price on my first visit! She had not realised what she was 'supposed' to charge! Lucky me!
    Best of luck with everything.....whatever you decide.

rani is offline Administrator
    If you can, try and get your Dr to give you his fees for all room types

One Dr quoted me $7k for a natural birth and $12K for c-section if I stayed in the ward. But for private room he wanted $50K

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    CFM, did your baby room in from the 1st day? Or also had to stay at the nursery room for 24 hours?
    Posted via Mobile Device

CFM
    CFM is offline Registered User
    Gataloca - she stayed in with me from day 1. She spent very little time in the nursery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12