Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

New OB needed at 17 weeks!

MisB is offline Registered User

New OB needed at 17 weeks!

I was dropped by Dr. Grace Cheung this afternoon due to my choice to deliver at Queen Mary. I'll reserve my comments at this time but would love some OB suggestions, please. Thank you in advance.

penelope is offline Registered User
    I used Dr Lam for scans during my two pregnancies even if i delivered in QMH both times.He didn't seem to mind it. i heard Dr Patrick Chan is fine with it as well

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I've been to both Dr Lam (HK prenatal diagnosis center) and Dr Patrick Chan and I would have to say that a) Dr Lam is great if you want very high quality scans, but not much in the way of other prenatal care/pregnancy advice etc - and b) Dr Chan is great if you want someone to look after you through your pregnancy even though you will not deliver with him. Overall, I recommend Dr Patrick Chan for that situation. He's a fantastic doctor. Although I'm going to have to stop recommending him so much because it seems like more and more people are seeing him these days - I don't want him to get overcrowded or more expensive as he gets more popular!

(I too was dumped by a doctor, Dr Phillip Ho in my case, when I told him I wanted to deliver at QMH. Dr Chan on the other hand asked me about all my test dates in the public system and whether I would prefer them to be done by him or the public system. He worked WITH the public system instead of against it.)

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I had Dr Lam (HK Diagnostics) for my 12 and 20 week scans and he was excellent for scans. Not sure what he is like for the rest but I had heard from two of the popular OBs in town that Dr Lam has the best scanning equipment in HK.

Lots of the private doctors don't take public delivery patients but I had also heard that Dr Patrick Chan is happy to see public delivery patients.

MisB is offline Registered User
    Thank you, ladies! I think I will go with Patrick Chan and thank you for including me in your referral before you zipped your lips!!! I so appreciate it. I like the little extra with an OB! Cheers.

Frodo123 is offline Registered User
    A friend of mine saw Dr. Derek Lo for both her pregnancies and both were delivered at QMH. She said he's totally ok with patients seeing him for the prenatal exams and scans. She says Dr. Lo is excellent and highly recommends him. I believe his office is in Central on Queen's Road Central.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    I delivered at QMH and saw Dr. Patrick Chan as well...he's great, but yes, getting very popular so had to wait longer periods to see him my second time around. I would still recommend him though.

rani is offline Administrator
    Sally Ferguson is also ok seeing patients who want to deliver at QMH
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com