Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Living in NT school on the island?

fianna is offline Registered User

Living in NT school on the island?

Is anyone doing this? We live in Kowloon now but will probably move even further away soon. I want to send my son to CDB if he get's a place but am worried about how to get there, on any other Montessori school.
    Anyway, if anyone is in this situation how are you handling it? Any advice?

carang is offline Registered User
    personally, from someone who lives in the NT, i think you are crazy. there are good school options available in the nt, why subject a small child to a 2+ hour commute every day? also, after hearing what some parents had to say about CDB, not sure if it would be worth it at all. (our own VERY short experience was only mediocre and glad i didn't consider sending my son for longer than a second! the principal/owner suggested that because my son was 2 and could only say about 25-30 words there was a problem... this after seeing him for about 10 minutes! what was the problem? he's bilingual, the first born, extremely shy and takes a while to warm up!.... as a fellow early childhood playgroup leader, i took exception to her remarks. there are no developmental problems whatsoever with my son and if there had been, i would have been the first person to have him tested.)

fianna is offline Registered User
    Hi carang, Thank you for your answer.
    My son has been in Montessori before moving here and he was thriving. I was hoping to keep him in Montessori for as long as possible, however, you are right about the commute time. I was trying to find out if there are people in this situation and if it's even feasible. We are torn between where to live and where to send him to school.
    Anyway, what you are saying about the interview is quite scary. I think my son at 2 could only use 5 words, and he's also first born, bilingual and shy!