Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Formula in the airport

blessed is offline Registered User
    thanks mazamarie & southside852... good to know it's ok as i was still exclusively breastfeeding on our last trip to Bangkok so we didn't have to worry about bring formula / water etc... we are excited for our trip for our baby (now 6 months) to see his great-grandparents, but the packing is stressing me out!

charade is offline Registered User
    Thanks all! I'll try taking a flask then... at home we've been making sure the water for the baby's formula is boiled for a certain time, so if possible would rather continue that. Mainly this is for the airport. I anticipate having to give him one feed after we cross security but before we board and I'm not sure we can get boiled water then.

PS: For some reason i wasn't able to click on this post through the New Posts link... every time I click that, the formatting gets weird.

e-Maternity is offline Registered User
    I've traveled to US and Canada many times with my babies. Most of the time, I don't have any problems bringing in bottled waters or water in a flask. I've also pre-filled my milk bottles with certain amount of water so I can easily pour in the formula and then heat it up.

However, having said that, I've once been asked to throw away all the water that I had put in the milk bottles. They simply said unless it's formula milk, no water allowed on board (this was a flight to LA). Thank goodness, a stewardess was nice enough to give me a big Evian water bottle on the plane.

katfroggatt is offline Registered User
    yup no problem at all with water and i even brought my baby's lunch in a thermos and had no problems :)

charade is offline Registered User
    Just want to share that I had no problems taking in a big flask of hot water and even a premixed bottle of formula milk at HK airport as also at the airport in India. So as long as there is a baby in evidence, water is not a problem.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    I just flew to Chiang Mai from Singapore and had no problems bringing through 2 pre-filled bottles w/water as well as a small bottle of evian. Was not even questioned by security.

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    I used to fly with my boy from HK to Toronto alot, basically if the baby is below 2 u would not hv any problems with the airport security about the 100ml limit if the liquid is for the baby.

blessed is offline Registered User
    hi moms... just came back from Canada and all of us are dealing with jetlag! but we were blessed with our relatively smooth long haul flights so no complain on that.

we had no problem going through immigration in Hong Kong & Canada with a thermos of hot water, pre-boiled water bottle at room temperature and ready to go formula (500ml bottles)... yes i brought everything just in case, but ended up mainly breastfed while on the plane!

from Hong Kong they didn't even ask us to separate the liquid from the carry on while screening but security is definitely more straight while in Canada (for our domestic flights as well as when departing from Vancouver for Hong Kong), everything had to be screen separately and scan with a liquid machine (makes me feel like I'm in CSI!). Also, in Canada they had huge signs saying no thermos flask are allowed beyond security check, but when I asked they said there are exemptions for babies at age 2 or under.

by the way the flight attendants are very helpful in assisting to warm the bottles with a hot water bath while on board, so if you are planning to use ready to go formula no need to worry about bringing hot water on board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12