Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nappy Rash - help!

Dianeb is offline Registered User
    THANKS so much for your helpful responses...I went to three sixty and bought some charlie banans cloth diaper...apparently they dont sell fuzzi bunz anymore...i will see how I go and hope it will be better than disposable diapers...

Oh...I also tried to look for "destin" in mannings but the sales said they have been asked to take destin off the shelves recently and they dont know why...so strange?

baby09 is offline Registered User
    my baby had bad diaper rash and i went to a well know paedetrician in hk. all he prescribed was to clean her with clean boiled water every time and then dry her using a hair dryer (on cool air) until she was compeletely dried and put vasline on her - it definately worked!

RileyC is offline Registered User
    Dianeb, I'm very interested to know your feedback about the Charlie Banana diapers. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post your feedback at a later date or send me a private message? I'm considering cloth diapers and would like to know if Charlie Banana are any good.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Desitin works well. I've also started using Lansinoh on my baby which creates the same moisture barrier. Also, make sure you're not overdressing your baby. In Hong Kong babies are usually overdressed because everyone is afraid that the baby is cold. If your baby's clothes are damp from sweat then she is overdressed. Today we were out and we only had my daughter in a onesie and people were so alarmed that she was going to get sick. If only they would feel her hot, sweaty body and realize that babies have baby fat for a reason--they are usually warmer than adults. If you can reduce moisture and sweat this may help. Also, if the problem persists, you may need to treat your child for thrush/yeast as this often is the cause of persistent diaper rash. Don't use any type of perfumed lotion on your baby and definitely leave that diaper off for awhile to let her skin dry well.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    mopiko does the trick for my lil one.

katfroggatt is offline Registered User
    Hi there try sebamed diaper cream it has titanium oxide which will also help the rash similar to desitin Which has zinc oxide. I bought all my desitin in singapore as I can't find it in HK. Have u tried ordering online? I was told taobao.com has but It's all in Chinese so I gave up! ;) u can find sebamed diaper cream in mannings or supermarkets easily. Good luck!

erina320 is offline Registered User
    My first daughter had a persistent diaper rash as well and no cream or "no diaper time" seemed to cure, as a result I made the switch to cloth diapers when she was only a few months old. Once I began using cloth her rash cleared up and we have been rash free for three years now! So I would say "absolutely yes" cloth is better at curing diaper rash. The argument is that you change more frequently, there are no irritating chemicals, etc. I also use cloth wipes with just plain water instead of baby wipes as she had very sensitive skin.

The other plus with cloth is you can use them a second time around, as my first daughter is now potty trained, my cloth diapers are getting a second life with our now 5 month old daughter. Who might I add has NEVER had a rash.

I use Bumgenius diapers, which I bought in the states and don't know if you can get in HK, and LOVE them! They're so much better than disposable diapers, which we still use when we travel, at catching "blow outs" and leaking. Even my husband prefers cloth, which in my opinion is a testament to their ease of use!

Their website:
    www.cottonbabies.com

Let me know if you have any questions as I am a three year veteran on cloth diaper use... :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12