Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nappy Rash - help!

Dianeb is offline Registered User

Nappy Rash - help!

Dear all

As the weather is getting hotter, I found that my baby girl's nappy rash problem is getting a little more serious recently.....I have been using pampers premium since she was born and she had no problem recently the recent 1 or 2 months.I have tried using different nappy creams but it seems the rash just reoccurs from time to time and it gets worse when the weather is hot. I heard that cloth diaper may actually reduce the chances of diaper rash...does anyone know if this is true? and if so, can someone please let me know which brand you would recommend and advise how I should wash them? I have no experience in dealing with cloth diaper at all and would appreciate any input :)

Thanks so much!!

Diane

megan2008 is offline Registered User
    Not sure about the cloth diapers but when my daughter had a bad nappy rash the best thing that worked was using corn starch based powder and the diaper cream called butt paste (not sure if they sell it here). It worked wonders everytime. Also, try to keep the nappy off for a while and let the air dry the rash. Hope that helps.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    with persistent diaper rash - try letting her to without diapers so that it can dry off properly - usually that helps if you do it for a couple hours every day till it heals. if it does get very bad, you might want to see the doctor and get some "fungus" cream.

elle is offline Registered User
    i've hand the best results from the 40% zinc oxide Desitin, but have to buy it in the US. our pediatrician here recommended stocking up on this particular product on trips home. you can also order it from drugstore.com and they ship to HK. certain other creams we've tried here (the Mustela brand in particular) seemed to hurt/ sting baby when applied and didn't help the rash.

matemate is offline Registered User
    we used cloth diaper (very lose) during the day and regular ones during night, combined with the usual zinc/nappy rash creams. the cloth helped massively in my view

you can get Desitin here in HK - park n shop sells it, watsons too.

elle is offline Registered User
    do you know which park n shops or watsons sell Desitin? we used to see it at the park n shop at Parkview several years ago several years ago, but its been a long time since I've seen it on a shelf in HK. would be great to be able to buy it here again.

i get mine from the park n shop at hopewell...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast