Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Advice for water filter?

carey is offline Registered User

Advice for water filter?

We are looking at installing a conter-top or unter the sink water filter for the ketchen. Do you have any recommendations?

There are so many available in the market, like air purifiers. It's really hard to decide which one to choose.

I was approached by a sales lady for a brand call Diamond water. It comes up to be about 10,000 hk for the whole system (includes filter changing every year). I thought it was a bit pricey.

Thank you in advance.

karenli731 is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    i m using amway espring and is really user friendly, it has a filter on the side and an attchement on the tap. the filter contains an UV light lamp that kills bacteria and viruses, i dont think other filter can do that, and the carbon filter removes chlorine, heavy metals and carcinogens. an monitoring chip on top shows u the filter life span and it deeps to tell u is time to change that filter, well for me roughly 10 months to a year.
    the purifier only cost 5,680 and filter cartridge for 878. thats a total of 6,558.
    let me know if u want more info.

ozmerc is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I just bought a simple Philips sink-top filter system which took about 15 minutes for me to fit onto the tap and 10 seconds to clip the filter unit on. You can choose the type of filter depending on what you wanted to have filtered out of the water. I think the initial installation pack cost was under $1000 and each filter costs around $450 (5 stage filter). I only need to change filters once every 3 months or so. You can buy them at Fortress or Yata, and I'm sure at other appliance stores as well.

EvelynBoo is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam
    Hi Karen,
    I would like some information on the espring filter and how to buy. My friend recommended it too.