Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Chiang Mai Suggestions?

southside852 is offline Registered User

Chiang Mai Suggestions?

We have planned a quick trip to Chiang Mai at the end of the month with both of our kids (6 months and 3 yrs old). We have booked a driver to take us in the morning to the Maesa Elephant Camp, but I am wondering what else would be good for my 3 year old? I heard there are a couple of other animal camps (tiger etc...), but that the animals are mistreated and thus, very sad to see. Has anyone been to the zoo? Night safari?

Also we would love to go to a local artisan village to buy some local paintings, ceramics etc..., but am worried they are just tourist traps. I know there are a ton, but would love to hear any feedback you have on these villages.

We would like to see 1 temple (we did a ton in bangkok and Cambodia and are "templed" out!), but since we'll have both kids, would prefer one where we don't have to walk up 100 steps to get to it. My 3 year old definitely could not handle that....any suggestions?

Please share your insider tips for Chiang Mai with kids!
    Last edited by southside852; 04-12-2011 at 05:17 PM.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Have sent you a message. Thanks

dpmother is offline Registered User
    hello there !

we are on a holiday to chiang mai this winter break...
    any suggestions, feedback, experiences to share ?
    btw we have a 2 yr old with us...so want to do activites which suits the toddler as well.
    thanks in advance !

southside852 is offline Registered User
    We were there 2 years ago and had our 2 kids with us (our then almost 3 year old + our 8 month year old). We flew in from S'pore and stayed for 2 nights which was perfect for us. We stayed at the Meridian which was centrally located and in a suite which was ideal for us. Food was decent in their main dining room which served the thai food, breakfast buffet etc...and very good in their Italian restaurant. We got a great deal on the hotel and the massage place is almost diagonal from us so my husband and I took turns going while the kids napped. We did the elephant camp which my toddler loved and then hired a private driver to take us around the area. We did this all through the hotel. I am sure you can do more, but in the end with our baby in tow, we felt like 1 major thing was enough a day and in the afternoons we walked around our hotel area, swam at our pool and relaxed.

dpmother is offline Registered User
    thanks southside852 for ur inputs...
    any other activites to be done there ??