Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question for owners of bugaboo bee +

RileyC is offline Registered User

Question Question for owners of bugaboo bee +

For those of you who own the Bugaboo Bee+, can you offer any feedback on the optional Transport Bag accessory? I travel a fair deal and expect this to continue after my baby is born. I'd like to avoid buying more than one stroller.

What is your experience of air travel with a Bugaboo Bee+? Do you use the Transport Bag? It's just that I've noticed that the Transport Bag is rather bulky and I'm not sure if it's even foldable when not in use. If I travel with the Bee+, can I bring it right to the boarding gate (and then place it in the bag) or can I only do that if it's an umbrella fold stroller like the MacClaren?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

elle is offline Registered User

we purchased, and then promptly got rid of, the travel bag for the bugaboo chameleon. its heavy, bulky and in my opinion completely unnecessary for air travel. we just take our stroller to the gate, they give you a clear plastic bag to put it in, and it shows up at the gate on the other end of the trip. never had any problems with anything breaking, although i have heard the occasional complaint from other people about stroller damage during air travel. with all the other things you have to lug around while travelling with an infant, a heavy and pretty useless stroller bag just seems so unnecessary.

Hi elle

As the Bugaboo Chameleon is a little bigger than the Bee+, it's reassuring to know that you can bring it to the boarding gate. Is it difficult for you to get your Chameleon through the X-ray scanners at security?

veggieyogini is offline Registered User

i just traveled with the bugaboo bee without the bag and it was no problem at all. i suggest though not to leave too much stuff in the bottom bag of the bee as this might push out the seat when folded. i had the raincover in the bottom bag and when i got the bee back after arrival i had to assemble the seat again. no major problem, but i will avoid leaving anything in the bottom bag next time.

veggieyogini is offline Registered User

re x-ray scanners, no problem at all with bee

Posted via Mobile Device

elle is offline Registered User

no problems with the chameleon at airport security

blessed is offline Registered User

hi RileyC, we use a bugaboo bee+ for our 7-mth baby since birth, we got the transport bag as we prefer to check-in the stroller when traveling. i can easily but him in a sling now and find it much easier to travel this way going through security check and boarding & landing as no need to get him in & out, and no need to wait for luggage on board after landing... this might be a different case when he is older and bigger so we will see =)

it's also provide better padding for the stroller coz after paying a fair bit for the bee you don't want it to get scratched or damage in the plastic bag given at the gate (my close friend had a bad incident when traveling in the states with a similar size stroller =(). but having side that, there were plenty of stroller at the gate for our canada flight over Easter (i think 20+!) and they come in all type and size so i'd say no worries to getting a bee+ on board if that's your preferred way to travel.

the bag is large for the bee+, but the plus side is it provided extra space to put other stuff inside for check-in. we used it for our trip to bangkok and canada in the past few months and find it really useful as the extra piece of luggage (which for CX their infant fare is entitled to one piece of check-in luggage, and for domestic travel within canada stroller can be check-in at no charge).

yes storage can be a problem with our limited space in hong kong, as coz even when folded it's the size of a carry on luggage, but we just put it inside our larger luggage in storage so it works out ok.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast