Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Matilda tour

dingdongding is offline Registered User

Matilda tour

I am due in July and I've already paid deposit for Matilda. It is very unlikely I will change to a different hospital. For those of you that did a tour of Matilda, I would like to know what the tour covers and whether it's worth going since I don't live that close to the hospital.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I never did the tour. Had heard good things about it and my doctor delivered there. Having now delivered there twice, I don't think you need to do the tour. Especially if you are unlikely to change hospitals anyway.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Depends, I did a tour not from the point of view of possibly changing hospital but from the idea of wanting to make the whole experience more familiar and reassuring, so I would know where I was going and what to expect. Entirely up to you.

RileyC is offline Registered User
    I toured the hospital to check out the different classes of rooms available. In my case, it was a private tour and the representative from Matilda took the time to answer all our questions and then some. I found the hospital very peaceful and clean.
    Posted via Mobile Device

dingdongding is offline Registered User
    Thanks all for the replies. Aside from just looking at the rooms and facilities, do the tour give information regarding admission process, and other general hospital practices regarding labor/breastfeeding, etc?

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    Yes, you can ask all your questions when you are on the tour. Just go to their website, call them up and arrange it - very painless process.

hongkongcic is offline Registered User
    I am a big planner, so I did the tour to be more comfortable with the environment. Many people said it was like a spa and so wonderful, so you can imagine what picture was in my mind. The tour saved me from being surprised by the delivery "spa" and the sleeping rooms. Yes, that is really what they call the delivery rooms.

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    I did the tour yesterday. I agree, it's nice to know where you'll be delivering. They show you the different kinds of rooms and the birthing suite, and explain the process of it all. They talk you through the charges and packages and the things you'll need to bring to the hospital. It was a great opportunity to ask questions. For me, it was worth it. Now I know what to expect when the contractions start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast