Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Six month old waking 3-4 times a night

Robinson is offline Registered User

Six month old waking 3-4 times a night

My six month old has been waking 3-4 times a night for the last month or so. He used to wake once or twice a night but now is seems unable to sleep for longer than about 3 hours at a time.

We started solids a couple of weeks ago but he still seems to be waking up very hungry in the night. He's not as interested in his milk feeds later in the day and is not hungry first thing in the morning. Any suggestions would be greatly received!!

Karen Althorpe is offline Registered User
    We went through a similar stage and could not work out what was wrong. We then found out she was teething and the pain was waking her up!

KeHK is offline Registered User
    Robinson,
    My 5 months old is exactly the same! She used to sleep through the night most nights, but now all of a sudden she started waking up every 3-4 hours and seems very unsettled. The only thing that gets her back to sleep is a feed.
    She got her first 2 teeth 3 weeks ago and that's when the waking-up started. I'm pretty sure the whole teething process is what's bothering her. Do you think it's possible that your little boy is teething, too?

Sorry, no suggestions from my side, but just to let you know that you're not alone;-)

1sttimemom is offline Registered User
    Could definitely be teething. As for the feeding, are you offering the milk first or the solids? That's something to consider. My LO loved her solids and so I gave her milk first, then solids about 1 hr later.

If he is not hungry in the morning, he probably doesn't need the night feeds. I cut my LO's 4am feed when she wasn't drinking much at 7am. Of course, teething could also affect his appetite.

Good luck! But don't get too worried... it will all pass. Tends to pass right when you think you've figured it out! :)

lizliz is offline Registered User
    My baby was sleeping through nights before too but since last week she start waking up at 3am and/or 5am for another feed.

Is that means my milk (I still full breast feeding her) can't fulfil her? And I should start some solid?

Or she's teething?

Wake up at the middle of the night really make me very tired and sad (not sure where the sadness come from but just feel soooo sad and frustrated and bad mood whole day)

Lali07 is offline Registered User
    My little guy (6mo) has been waking up a lot at night the last few weeks. I'm pretty sure he's teething, but am also thinking it might be a growth spurt. I'm so tired too, am trying not to be down about it hehe, telling myself its all part of being a mummy and that it won't last forever. Good luck, you're not alone :)

hbomb is offline Registered User
    Hi Robinson, my daughter (7m) went through exactly same thing around 6m. She suddenly started to wake up frequently and couldn't sleep longer than 3 hours at once. We found out that she had an ear infection. After being treated, she still didn't sleep through the night. But after about a month, gradually she started to sleep longer and longer every day. It could just one of the phases that they go through

yonge is offline Registered User
    Thank you everyone for your sharing. My 6M has been waking up frequently from 5M onwards as well. After waking only once or twice since 2 weeks, I was feeling very disappointed. It's reassuring to know that it's teething as I felt I was about to lose my mind! Hopefully, things will improve once those first teeth come out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast