Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Hope I made the right hospital choice.

cxflygirl is offline Registered User

Hope I made the right hospital choice.

I was orginally booked with Dr Ghosh at Matilda however in consideration of his fees and that we have no insurance for baby # 2. We opt for Adventist with Dr Edmund Hon.

Can anyone share your honest opinion about Dr Hon? I will be having a plan C-Section.

elle is offline Registered User
    A good friend of mine used him and had a C section at Adventist on Stubbs Road. He was fine for her, but it was her second child, an easy pregnancy and she didn't need much from her OB. She likes Adventist (minus the food) fine. I delivered (via c section) at Matilda with a different doctor and aside from slightly lower doctor fees for her, we paid about the same amount for similar 5 day stays in hospital.

Jzlyn is offline Registered User
    I just had a baby (vagina birth with epidural on Feb 5 at 4am) with Dr. Hon. He is an amazing doctor with excellent bedside manners. When I got pregnant the husband and I thought about "shopping for a doctor" based on recommendations here until we find one I was comfortable with. He was the first we saw and we stayed with him because he made me feel extremely comfortable from our first meeting (week 4, we could only see the sac).

A friend of mine had her first with his partner Dr. Philip Ho but went to Dr. Hon for her second (she saw him briefly when Dr. Ho was away during her first pregnancy) because she liked his bedside manners better.

Two thumbs up for Dr. Hon!!

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    Great to hear. I was with Dr Ghosh before but I just can't afford his fees without insurance. I actually really liked Dr Hon, very patience and clear. Was just a little nervous in changing doctors for baby # 2. Thanks for the feedback!

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    I was with Dr Hon throughout my pregnancy with major complication. He was fantastic. I was referred to Dr Philip Ho by a friend but he was not free to see me so I ended up with Dr Hon. My c section did not hurt 1 bit n his bed side manner was great
    Posted via Mobile Device