My husband and I are trying to figure out what to do with our sons playgroup this year and his school next year. We live on HK Island but he goes to school in Kowloon Tong (I work at the school which is why he goes there). We have just had a second baby and I go back to work at the end of April. As you know children have to be accompanied by adults to attend playgroups. My son loves his class and really needs the social as well as the structure of his class. We have a fantastic helper but no family in HK to help us out. What options are out there for us for part time help so that he can still go to his class. We would need someone full or half days for three days a week. Full days would be great because then there would be help with the cleaning and cooking and I'd know my kids were still getting the attention I want them to get.

For next year I would like him to continue going to my school but do not want my baby making that commute everyday and sitting around for three hours until my son's class is finished. We are thinking that our option then is hire another full time helper but it seems a little ridiculous to have a second helper in our little flat. Again can anyone think of anything that might help us. FYI he can't commute in with me because I have to be in much earlier and he is a bit of an active 2 year old. He's not likely to sit in my office while I do my work...

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone could help...