Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Getting baby to take the bottle

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Agree with Sarah. The Medela spoon feeder is good. I had one you could have had but just gave away with my pump :(

Try googling it. It may be another option instead of a bottle. We used the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles which have rounded teats. Have you tried those?

We were lucky and had few issues with introducing the bottle (I also had to go back to work early). I have heard from friends that you do have to stick with it and when they realise the bottle is the only option then it will be fine. Might just take a bit of crying to get there unfortunately. Good luck.

canadianinhk is offline Registered User
    Just wanted to say thanks for all of the advice. Nuk bottles with the latex nipples and sitting in her bouncy chair instead of being held did the trick. That and my wonderfully patient helper. I'm still not happy to be going back to work but at least I know she'll eat while I'm gone :)

katfroggatt is offline Registered User
    With pleasure! So happy that the NUK bottle + teat worked! :) Take care

gpjapan is offline Registered User
    Hi, any tips on getting a 8 month old bottle feed? I had been giving her water in avent bottle for 2 months and she has still not learnt to suck, rather chews the bottle. Tried tommie tippe bottle and sipper cup but n vain.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    have you tried giving her diluted juice instead? maybe water isn't very attractive.

my older one (now 33mths) never learnt how to suck...am still trying to find ways to teach her - it just came naturally for #2...don't know why - but she graduated from bottle to water flask and normal cup by 1yrs....skipped the sippy cup stage altogether. the only thing now is i can just give her a packaged drink as a snack (when we're at a playgroup and everyone is drinking tree top apple juice - I have to pour it into a cup)...an inconvenience on my part if she can't suck...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12