Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Reckless Mini Bus Driver--How To Report?

carang is offline Registered User
    and yes, ONLY red minibuses are paid according to how many passengers they can carry. green minibuses are paid a daily rate. my father-in-law used to drive a green minibus, so he's told me how it works. (just in case you were wondering, the green minibus drivers earn about $300/day for an 8 hour shift, at least that was what he got a few years ago.)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Hmmmm....well, the bus we were on was a green top--no wonder why the guy was so pissed off--he's earning only $300/day. However, it's not excuse to endanger peoples' lives!
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

definitely report him... next time, call the police when you are in the bus...tell them the licence number of the reckless driver, those little placards also have the licence plate number of the vehicle.

good luck! i'm so glad i have a car now, especially with kids.

mocha is offline Registered User
    most of the chinese are not aware of the importance of the safety.
    I have just made a topic at facebook to remind my friends not do take taxi with infant, after reading this thread
    Car seat for ride home from hospital
    and most of them are disagreed with my point.

I personally rarely take taxi espeically with kids, so does mini van but i can tell you that lots of the hk ppl really do care about those driver's driving attitude. So in you case, i dont think passenger on board would make a complaint.

RileyC is offline Registered User
    If you have a video camera on your phone, you could try taking a movie clip as evidence. Although that probably isn't realistic given that you'd be hanging on for dear life!

One of the minibus drivers on my regular route actually fell asleep at the wheel, veered off the road and mounted the pedestrian pavement! Luckily, we were out in the suburbs where there were no pedestrians and very little traffic.

i remember about 15 years ago being on a minibus in clearwater bay. they were working on the road and had traffic lights set up every 500m or so.... at EVERY light, the driver would nod off.... i actually yelled at him to wake him up at one point. then i got off at the next traffic light and took a taxi to work. seemed a little less dangerous...

erina320 is offline Registered User
    I'm curious, If you don't take taxi's or Minibuses how do you get around?

We will be moving to HK in July with two little girls and I am VERY concerned for their safety when traveling in vehicles. We don't have immediate plans to get a car and would rely mainly on the MTR, buses and taxies to get around. I am a staunch advocate for carseat use in cars of course, but also for air travel... I have never really had to deal with public transportation and am wondering how we're going to tackle this safely with a 5 month old and a 3 year old?! Do you use your car seat in taxis? How do you avoid mini buses? How do you travel safely on the MTR with little ones? What about buses? Thanks.

mtr? you get a seat and hold your child on your lap.

bus? not much you can do except hold your child on your lap.

taxi? there is a type of carseat called a "sit'n'stroll" and it is easy to belt into a car/taxi. then it turns into a pram/stroller. they are bulky, though and once your baby reaches a certain age, just not practical.

minibus? i only take my kids on the minibus if there are no other options.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast