Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Healthy Breakfast Cereal for babies/toddlers

katfroggatt is offline Registered User
    Hi TNT thanks for sharing. Can i ask if Kids Wheetbix is suitable from 1 year old? or Older? :) Where did u buy them from please?

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Regular weetabix is fine from six months, so is regular oatmeal, there's really no need to pay extra for kids stuff. Just pick the brand with the fewest additives for weetabix and get plain porridge oats which have no sugar or salt added.

Papaya is offline Registered User
    We give mostly museli. Dorset Cereals an Jordan's make sugar free versions with dried fruit and nuts, as does Citisuper. But we only began giving this after about 18 months due to the nuts, before we only gave rice or oats porriage. You can also make your own sugar, salt and additives free wholewheat bread or pancakes.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone!!! Very helpful. Will go check them out.

To be honest, we haven't been very careful in feeding her. We literally give her everything we eat, so I am sure she is exposed to way too much sugar and salt.

Only thing we haven't given her is Nuts (19 months now), when is a good time to introduce nuts?

southside852 is offline Registered User
    we do cheerios + kix cereals, congee and then home-made oatmeal w/raisins and pears (annabel karmel's recipe) which is super quick and easy.

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned
    jvn i agree normally re kids products, I think in the survey they used it rather than normal weetbix because they were looking at cereals targeted at kids, but salt and sugar levels are similiar for the normal version to the kids. You can buy both normal weetbix and kids weetbix at Marketplace and many other ínternational type supermarkets, also some Wellcome's & Park n shop. Both my two (4.5 and 22 months) love it with fresh fruit or sultanas and they have that or porridge or muesli during the week; they have bagel/toast, egg or sometimes cornflakes or similar for a change at the weekends. I have dorset muesli with natural yoghurt and fruit and both of them also try to eat my breakfast (they have v good appetites)

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    To be honest, we haven't been very careful in feeding her. We literally give her everything we eat, so I am sure she is exposed to way too much sugar and salt.

Only thing we haven't given her is Nuts (19 months now), when is a good time to introduce nuts?
    We're the same, he's the same age and has eaten exactly what we've eaten from six months. I just get a bit annoyed when things that 'should' be healthy and not have salt added, like cereal. It just seems so unnecessary.

You need molars for nuts, wait till she's got the full set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12