Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

average time:visa approval for someone who has finished a contract-change of employer

rs2000 is offline Registered User

average time:visa approval for someone who has finished a contract-change of employer

Hi All,

If I hire someone who has finished a contract in HK before. I understand that she does not have to go back. but how long does the visa processing normally takes (so that she can officially start with us). Someone told me it can be done in 2 weeks. what is the normal time please
    thanks!

rs2000 is offline Registered User
    please can someone let me know

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    normally it takes 4 to 6 weeks but if you need her urgently then you should request them to speed it up.

i will be doing the same in couple of weeks time *sigh*

Biggie is offline Registered User
    The agency told me two weeks if the helper has finished contract. 4-6 weeks if break contract and she has to go back
    Posted via Mobile Device

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    2 weeks if she does not break a contract - she doesn't need to go back home.

elle is offline Registered User
    Between 2-6+ weeks. Depends on whether all the paperwork is done exactly right, how quickly thePhilippines consulate gets their bit done and HK immigration's work load. Need to factor in a couple public holidays coming up also. You can request that HK immigration rush things, but doesn't always help. My neighbor just hired a new helper who had completed a contract. Process took between 3-4 weeks for them.

AngieO is offline Registered User
    A couple of questions related to this. If you are hiring directly, how do you do the contract? I have been reading the guide for days, and I still don't understand it. You have to use the contract id407, but you can't download it, as it is just a specimen. Do you have to basically copy it? Or can you get it from somewhere and just fill in the blanks? Second question, if the helper's contract has ended and you get the paperwork in just before that, but it takes ... weeks to process, what does the helper do in the meantime (where do they live etc?) Thanks.

rani is offline Administrator
    You have to go to immigration and get the DH pack. It includes 4 copies of the contract and all the other immigration forms that you need to fill out. The helper also has to report to immigration and inform them of her situation, they will probably give her an extension. She can live in a boarding house.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast