How to get a U.S. passport for my baby who is born in Hong Kong?
- 05-16-2011, 07:21 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Tseung Kwan O
Thank you for your kind replies. I will probably do this once she is weaned.
- 05-31-2011, 05:35 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- New York
angie, don't know if you got your answer but i just did this with my newborn (2 weeks old) last week. first, you need to register her birth in hk if you haven't done so already. then make an appointment with the u.s. consulate for a new passport (you can do it online). make sure you have all 3 applications (passport, ss card and certificate of birth abroad) filled out before you go. try to get an early appointment -- the consulate seems to get busier later in the day.
- By nalsab in forum Everything ElseReplies: 10Last Post: 07-01-2010, 03:52 PM
- By sherwes in forum Everything ElseReplies: 5Last Post: 02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
- By jaz1311 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 7Last Post: 12-17-2008, 06:47 PM
- By karmah1 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 12Last Post: 11-22-2008, 08:02 AM
- By nicolejoy in forum Baby TalkReplies: 22Last Post: 04-04-2008, 02:08 PM