Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

air purifiers

evgreen is offline Registered User

air purifiers

i plan to get an air purifier to put in my room and baby's room. any suggestions on brands/models? looking for something that is not too noisy, and energy efficient. i was looking into get the whirlpool whispure which was the highest rated air purifier on consumer reports, but couldn't find this model on the hong kong whirlpool website. also was wondering, which is more effective at removing air particles and pollutants - ionic or HEPA?

penguinsix is offline Registered User

We've been pretty happy with our Alen units http://www.alencorpasia.com/?Click=368 We have a 'whole home' setup which is two smaller units and one big monster unit. The smaller ones are in the bedrooms and the large one in the dining room/living room. We run the bedroom ones 24/7. Very low speed at night (can barely hear it) and a bit higher during the day.

IQAire are also highly recommended, but a bit more expensive I think.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

We have Alen ones too and seem ok. Who know how much benefit they do but I feel better knowing I am doing something! We have a bigger one for the living room and a smaller one for each of the kids rooms (we got the 3 as a package deal). All are pretty quiet unless you turn the fan up high.

evgreen is offline Registered User

thanks for the suggestions. i think i will go up to the alen office so i can see the units in person since they don't have a showroom. the iqair is uber expensive...10K hkd for just one. although i don't doubt that it's the best one money can buy. my husband and i don't have any major allergies or asthma, so the iqair seems a bit excessive. we just want to cut down on indoor air pollution.