Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

chronic allergy which causes fever. help please

rs2000 is offline Registered User

chronic allergy which causes fever. help please

Hi All,

I have a sensitive throat since childhood and used to have fever for sore throat sometimes.
    I had been doing relatively OK until the time I came to HK. Here I noticed I started having some cough, a lot of sneezing and some stuffy/ruuning nose after every few weeks. This itself is still bearable. But what this does eventuall is to cause sore throat & tonsil pain (which i think is due to the nsie drip in the throat). This causes high fever. It sometimes also causes chest congestion & fever.

We moved to an apartment which is closer to sea in Tung Chung last year. After that, this whole cycle of snzees and eventual sorethroat & fever has repeated itself multiple times. Atleast 2-3 times in 2 months. I take medicines & goto doctors and then after a week fo suffering its gets back to normal.

I have seen multiple doctors here in HK but noone has been able to pinpoint about the reason on this allergy (if any) or the cause. I have tried cleaning the house, wardrobes, using dehumidifers & air purifiers but I am not sure what is causing this. When I goto UK and anywhere outside HK, these episodes never happen (very rarely).
    Right now I am 8 month pregnant and have had this fever cycle atleast 4-5 times now. I came back to HK 2 weeks back. Now the whole cycle started and I currently have 101F fever. I cant even take medicines this time so just taking panadol as told by the doctor.

Has anyone experienced this? what do you think are the causes? is there any excellent allegy/ENT doctor in HK which can pinpoint and resolve my problem (instead of giving loads of medicines, only to have this efevr again in a few weeks). I am really tried of all this suffering now.

Thanks a lot.

TheYoungFamily is offline Registered User
    Hello there
    My mum had a similar symptom to yours a few years back, although not as severe. She also has a very sensitive throat, and while she is perfectly alright when she stays in Canada, everytime she comes to Hong Kong, she will immediately start coughing, running nose, nose block etc and she had to take injections and medication to stop the coughing or else she can't sleep or function. The medicine made her weary and she does not want to take it. Miraculously, by the time she returns to Canada, her symptoms will be gone in no time... And this cycle continues for a couple of years until one day, my friend introduced me to this product named Lampe Berger. It is French and has been around for over 110 years. The main function of the product is to kill airborne bacteria, remove second hand smoke and unpleasant odours, formaldehyde and in fact it was used by the Hong Kong Hospital Aurhority during SARS in HK. However at the same time it also carries immense health benefits and can enhance one's immune system as I was told especially regarding to respiratory system problems. I bought for my mum to use every night and after one month, she told me her cough was gone, she could sleep and she was normal again! Now she us much more willing to come and visit me in HK :) It is not medicine and derived purely from plant extracts, so have no adverse effect even if you are pregnant. In fact, as it was so good (my nose allergy was also gone after one month), I kept using the product throughout my two pregnancies (i am still using everyday, and it beats any air filters that i used before) and my kids are very healthy. They are 7 and 4 now and they have only been to the doctors a couple if times since their birth!
    I am no doctor and unfortunately don't know what kind if allergy you have. If you are interested to know more about Lampe Berger, you can msg me.

penelope is offline Registered User
    there is a scam going on about lampe berger beware

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    You could try http://www.imi.com.hk/ - I havent been there myself but its worth a try

Papaya is offline Registered User
    Sorry to hear that, must be really tough. I would try a homeopath, although I have not found a really good one in Hong Kong. Not sure about those at IMI, I have had mixed experiences there, when we went the focus was on relieving symptoms and not dealing with the core issue. Please let us know how you get on if you go there. I would try Alexander Yuan from Optimum Health as he does classical homeopathy. Or another classical homeopath that someone can recommend. Good luck.

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    A friend of mine swears by the Rainbow vaccuum cleaner, which can also act as an air purifier. He used to suffer from quite serious sneezing bouts, not sure if they are as extreme as yours, but it stops as soon as he turns the Rainbow on. I can find the information of a contact for you, if you'd like. Just send me a pm if you're interested.

TheYoungFamily is offline Registered User
    Lampe Berger is not a scam. It has 100+yrs of history and had won numerous awards all over the world. It is also sold in Harrods, Selfridges... How can a "scam" product survive for that long? I have been using for 8 years and my sneezing and that of my friends have all stopped after using Lampe Berger for (longest) three months.