Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nlz.lpoc

sperm donor laws in HK

ifnotwhen is offline Registered User

sperm donor laws in HK

Does anyone know how to go about using the services of a sperm donor in HK - for a single person? My understanding is that there are no donor banks in HK? Am I right? I believe that the only way to use this service is through another country. But can it be sent here and arranged through an OBGYN? Please let me know if you are aware of the ins and outs. Thanks!

Shortcake1 is offline Registered User

Hi, I have just used a sperm donor but had to travel to Bangkok for insemination. My understanding is single ladies can not be inseminated in hk. I used a hk doctor for testing and follicle stimulation then flew at the last minute. Hope this helps
    Posted via Mobile Device

bizz is offline Registered User

Hi, on sperm donation, i've asked 3 local doctors already and they all said no treatment for single women. However i'm not sure if they are giving impartial advice on the medical side of the issue, since all 3 doctors were very judgemental - to the point of refusing to answer questions of where I could get treatment (saying i don't need it cos i'm young and just get a man!!), and giving me a lecture on their moral opinions, without even ask me why i wanted to do it!!

Anyway I think i just need to find medical professionals that are open minded and experienced in this area. Can anyone recommend any local HK doctors who are helpful about this? And what are the costs? Anyone used the family planning association? Can post here or PM me, thanks!!!

howardcoombs is offline Registered User

I believe, as a non-married person, you will have a very hard time with this in Hong Kong.
    see : http://www.chrt.org.hk/english/service/files/COP.pdf
    specifically section 4.1

Liquorice is offline Registered User

You cannot have fertility treatment unless you are married. I believe it is the law in HK. Same in Singapore as I understand. I was not married to my husband when we first sought fertility help and there was a limit to what the doctor could do before he needed a marriage certificate.

Max0712 is offline Registered User

Did you already solve this issue?

nlz.lpoc is offline Registered User

I am single and also planning to conceive using donor sperm. I would like to receive IVF in another country. Can anyone recommend a sympathetic gyno/ob that can help me with regulator care in HK?

Thank you

Ji A Sia likes this.