Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

HOLIDAY recommendations

lalila is offline Registered User

HOLIDAY recommendations

hi i just got back from cebu we stayed at the shangri la was really easy we have a 2.6 year old and a nearly one year old is there any where else anyone would recommend looking to book something again soon any recommendations

southside852 is offline Registered User
    i think there are lots of threads of family friendly vacations close to HK. Other spots are:

1) Singapore is super child-friendly - the Shangri-La on Sentosa has just been renovated and is fantastic! It has a great kids club as well as a kids pool with water features etc....
    2) Penang: The Shangri-La
    3) Langkawi Island in Malaysia are very family friendly - Westin, Sheraton, Andaman, Four Seasons etc...
    4) Phuket
    5) Bali

geomum is offline Registered User
    Singapore
    Phuket
    Bali

mumofone is offline Registered User

Holiday recommendations

I would also highly recommend Sentosa - Rasa Sentosa, also Shangri La Rasa Ria in Kota Kinabalu or their sister hotel Shangri La Tanjung Arun, also my girlfriend has stayed many times with her children at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort, Langkawi. We have stayed 3 times at Laguna Beach Resort on Bang Tao Beach in Phuket - the helter skelter slide and walking on water game kept my little one entertained!

Word of warning from some other friends who chose high end price hotels - they may have lovely facilities but she found some of them are not so much geared for kids - more couple/honeymoon hotels etc. and lack of kids foods.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    All the suggestions so far have been for very nice and very high end resorts. I know that there are some eco-friendly mums&dads on these boards, so for those I would like to recommend this place : http://www.cocobeach.com/

There are a few things that put people off : No hot water (you get naturally warm water) and most rooms have no aircon (you get natural breeze from the mountain). Aside from that, its a wonderful place for kids and its a regular stop for our bunch.

HC

rani is offline Administrator
    Howard, Cocobeach looks amazing, but its too far.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Rani, I would ask you to "try it" which is what I did at first before comitting the whole family to go there.
    I went over with one child and stayed over a weekend (2 nights).

Door to door it takes about 6 hours or so to get there but for kids, its a fun ride and they all love it.
    1) Home to airport is always exciting.
    2) HKG -> Manila is a very short hop. By the time you level off, you are descending already.
    3) Picked up at the airport and then its 2.5-3h car ride to Batangas. The scenary is interesting and you can stop off for some food and refreshments.
    4) 1h boat ride across and you get to see some dolphins if you are lucky. Otherwise, the captain is quite relaxed and will regularly let the little ones sit on the chair and pretend to steer the boat.

You are there before you know it. We absolutely love the place and look for any excuse to go there.
    It is also very safe and protected for those who worry; there are no peddlers around to annoy you.

What I really like about the place : Its just *different* than all the 5* resorts we have been to before. The grounds are natural, the huts are hand-built from coconut trees, its very rustic and very charming.

HC