Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Antenatal classes

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

Antenatal classes

I've been looking at the Antenatal classes available at Matilda, Central Health, Annerley and Mother's Touch, and I have no idea which one to pick!

Does anybody have any recommendations/experiences to share?

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    Hi I'm very new to this forum and I jet recently learn tat I'm pregnant! Forgive me to ask: what does antenatal class consist? Do they teach u kegel exercise?

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Hi Andrea -- I've booked classes at Mother's Touch for June. I'll let you know how they go.

Miss Idealiste -- Kegels are really simple. Just Google them and you can find instructions. You don't need a special class to do them.

newmoon88 is offline Registered User
    Andrea - I am using a doula from A Mother's Touch and she recommended we take a class at Matilda only because we're new to HK and there are more couples there that we could meet. She said the Mothers Touch classes are more intimate. I think the Matilda class is one week longer maybe. I'm due in mid-September and am taking the July 18th Parentcraft class.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    i signed up for the antenatal classes offered by matilda. have not started yet though. i looked into annerley as well, but i opted for matilda in the end mostly because it is much cheaper than annerley (HK$2200 vs $3550). since i'm also giving birth at matilda, i figured it would probably familiarize me with their own standard procedures and facilities at the same time.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    p.s. newmoon88 i signed up for the same course as you starting on july 18th! look forward to meeting you (i'm due first week of october)

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    Thank you all for your input!

laial is offline Registered User
    i did the classes at Matilda and wouldn't recommend it.

the classes run for 6x 2hour sessions over 6 weeks, but i felt they were dragged out and could have easily condensed it to half the time.

also half of the sessions were run by a nurse educator who WASN'T a midwife, which i'm not sure about what other people thought, but i thought was inappropriate as she was teaching us about labour and delivery (and she herself wouldn't have delivered many babies).

the only good thing about their classes is you get a tour of the labour ward - but you can arrange this without having to do their classes anyways.