Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

NYC & London Moms

monsalhotra is offline Registered User

NYC & London Moms

Hi All

The hubby and I just moved to HK a week ago with our 3 month old daughter after spending a year and half in London and prior to that almost 7 years in NYC. I would love to hear about how other moms made the transition to HK from these cities and generally meet as many other moms in the same situation

Being super busy with a newborn the last few months has meant I haven't had a lot of time to think about what the major differences were going to be and how to deal with them so any advice on what is better vs worse (or I guess I should say "challenging") would be really helpful -- keen to hear about any relevant mommy groups (formal or informal) that exist.

We're currently living in a serviced apartment near Sheung Wan and still contemplating where to move (top of my list of many, many questions) but I'm totally flexible about meeting up anywhere in and around HK.

Look forward to hearing from some of you!

Junebugwhite is offline Registered User

Hi there, I just moved to HK a month ago from NYC, and am 7 months pregnant. I've lived in London for 8 months prior as well. Will send you a PM and perhaps we can meet up sometime soon!

Sooney is offline Registered User

Hello. We just moved here from Australia. We have a 12 month old daughter. I have been to London & NY twice and love it there. HK is very different but great. Emma and I are free to catch up for coffee. We are in a serviced apartment in Causeway Bay and will be moving to North Point Hill in a couple of weeks. Anne-Maree

Ingela is offline Registered User

Hi,
    Moved here in December but lived here for 2.5 years 12 years ago as a student as well. Used to live in Sweden as well as Bristol, UK before that and have been to both NY and London so might be able to give you some advice. Have a 7 month old girl and live in Tung Chung, Lantau Island. Would be nice to meet you all for a coffee and and chat one day. Let med know.
    Ingela