Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dr Sally Ferguson

Zoska is offline Registered User

Dr Sally Ferguson

3 of my friends recomended her but would like to here some other opinion! I have my first appoitmamt in couple of weeks (at 8 weeks)!

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    I saw her for my first pregnancy which I miscarried and wasn't impressed. She told me to page her if the pain/bleeding got worse and I did but didn't hear back from her. Paged again hours later, nothing. Called the practice and was eventually told to go straight to hospital. Afterwards I had some concerns and tried to contact her but never heard back from her. Needless to say I looked for someone else second time round.

Now I'm with Grace Cheung at Central Health and LOVE her. She doesn't make you feel rushed and she even laughs with us at baby's pirouettes. Her team is great and very helpful. She has a good maternity package that includes all prenatal appointments (except nuchal and morphology scans) and delivery (natural or c-section). Sally charges per appointment and delivery is separate (elective or emergency c-section is wayyyy more). Depending on your insurance coverage that might be something else to consider.

Hope this helps.

One of my friend also recomended dr. Grace Chaung! Afrer your post i am considering to change!

LOJITT is offline Registered User
    I had Lucy Lord (she and Grace are partners), and although some people find her a little brusque, I think she is awesome, and will definitely be using her for my next baby. She is technically excellent, and her stitching is fantastic (TMI? sorry!). I did occasionally feel a bit rushed, but that was mainly as I had a very straightforward pregnancy so didn't need a lot of input, and she always takes the time to deal with any issues- she just doesn't have time for small talk.

Where are you thinking of delivering? Just be aware that Lucy and Grace don't see women who are going to deliver in the public hospitals. If you want to deliver at QM, I'd recommend Patrick Chan.

I am not sure where i do want to deliver but defo privatly, maybe Matilda! Thank you for your comment i do appriciate it!

ssheng is offline Registered User
    I have had Sally for two pregnancies - a number of mothers in my pregnancy groups also delivered with her. I would definitely recommend her, although it also depends on what you are looking for - she is definitely caring and professional, but she takes the no-panic approach - that is, she noticed during my first pregnancy that I seemed down halfway through, and had thyroid tests ordered and analyzed by a thyroid expert. Once she had the results, she revealed them to me plus the diagnosis on my next visit. Essentially she didn't want to panic me, and I didn't realize she was paying so much attention to something as subtle as my general mood. There was one time where I had to wait extra long in the waiting room and then felt rushed during my appointment, but discovered it was because one of her other patients had gone into labor so she needed to run off and couldn't chat. I was upset until I realized that she has her priorities right - obviously when I was the one in labor, I was the one she was rushing off to see.

I guess my general opinion is that she is a great OBGYN, and she can become a friend over time, but she won't necessarily sit and chat with you for hours. I am fine with that because she is my doctor first and foremost and want her to be professional before anything else.

Good luck with your search for a doctor - it's a very personal decision but there are a ton of good options here in HK! :)

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    she's a no nonsense straight forward doctor that i really appreciated when i had my 1st - switched to public for my 2nd but had her do follow up checks privately with my 2nd...just make sure she is around for your birth - she's always on holiday! :) her waits are a bit longer than I'd like (45-1hour) and other OBGYNs I have had have been much better in that category - but am unsure why the waits are long...anyhow, good luck with your choice! you really need to develop a good vibe for whomever you choose and it's not something that we can help you with her...luckily there are really a lot of good OBGYNs in HK so it won't be tough to find one. all the best!

evgreen is offline Registered User
    congrats on the pregnancy! how far along are you, zoska?

i personally have not seen dr. sally ferguson, but i know someone who has. overall she was very happy with dr. ferguson. although agree with someone else that you have to make sure you have good insurance since she does not offer a package deal...otherwise paying out of pocket doesn't seem to make sense at all. you may also want to check if dr. ferguson delivers exclusively at matilda or not.

i am seeing dr. grace cheung and am very happy with her for the moment. i would call to see what her availability is for delivering babies till the end of 2011 as i understand is she extremely busy atm! i have also seen dr. lucy lord, but decided to go with dr. grace cheung in the end just due to personal preference. i have heard some great things about dr. lord as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast