Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Worrying worrying

OX Jess is offline Registered User

Worrying worrying

I am very worried and I wonder if anyone can put my mind at ease..

The main issue is: I found out I am pregnant nearly a week but I have absolutely NO pregnant symptoms! I can't help thinking if my baby is not growing or already dead. I won't have my first scan until next mid-week... So now I am worrying every day and night...

I found out I am pregnant on the 9th of May. The first day of my last men. period is 7th April so by the calender I now should be 4.5 weeks pregnant and I am quite convinced that I conceived between 22-26 April.

It's my second pregnancy. With my first pregnancy, I felt my breast sore a week before my men. due day which made me mistook that my men. was going to come soon then I found out I was pregnant. Then my breast continued to feel bloated and sore all through my pregnancy. And within the week I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I felt very tired & sleepy during the day.

Yet, this time I am still feeling NOTHING! Breast is absolutely normal, I am full of energy, not tired at all. No nausea. Why is that? Is it a sign showing that my baby is not growing so I am not affected by the change of hormones?

The ONLY thing I can possibly relate it to being pregnant is: my lower abdomen cramped slightly on a number of occasions. Is it the sign?

Has anyone experienced NO symptoms during early pregnancy but your baby turned out fine & healthy?!?! Thanks.
    Last edited by OX Jess; 05-12-2011 at 12:35 PM.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    i didn't really feel any real pregnancy symptoms other than frequent urination at 4.5 weeks pregnant...
    my morning sickness didn't kick in till week 6-7!

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    I didn't feel anything with both my pregnancies until week 7 or so. Each pregnancy is different so i wouldn't compare it too much to your first pregnancy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    wouldn't worry too much - i didn't have any symptoms for #1 and #3 and felt nausea for the first 3mths with #2. for #1 and #3 the only reason i knew i was pregnant was because my men. is very regular and I missed one month - no symptoms, nothing, and then i had to convince myself with pregnancy tests that i was really pregnant because I felt the same....they are all different. in fact my #1 didn't move at all during the whole pregnancy...well, maybe 2 times very late on and she came out fine.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Around 2 weeks post conception(so 4 wks preg) you can feel cramping bc the fertilsed egg is attaching itself to your uterine lining.
    I was also paranoid at the beginning of my second pregnancy. I kept taking pregnancy tests to see if the line would get any darker!
    I heard morning sickness peaks at around 7 - 8 weeks, so maybe just wait a bit:)
    I totally totally know your feeling. Waiting is so hard. If you can't wait, you can always get the blood tests done. They can tell you if your hormones are rising well. That's what I did to calm myself:)

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Thank you ladies! I am feeling much much better now.
    I look forward to seeing my baby's heartbeat on the scan soon...