Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lactation Consultant

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned

What thanka2 said - LLL also run sessions for pregnant mothers specifically on breastfeeding (on a Saturday) and they are free. www.lllhk.org. Your husband can also attend which is great as having good support is one key to successful breastfeeding.

They are run by Sarah who is very experienced and has a great approach. I did a similar thing before my first baby (in Australia via the Australian Breastfeeding Association which is the LLL equivalent) and it was so worth it, mainly because it gave me the confidence in knowing what the most up to date knowledge was in regards to breastfeeding and many of the midwives in hospital are not as up to date and the conflicting views can be very confusing! LLL will also give you a pamphlet with this info on which you can take to hospital to refer to or even to show to the nurses if they are telling you something that is contradictory.

Being prepared and informed is so important so good on you for planning ahead.

evgreen is offline Registered User

thank you for all the suggestions. i just signed up for antenatal classes at matilda and noticed that they offer a full 2-hour class on breastfeeding as a part of the program. hoping this will be a good intro for me!

banane76 is offline Registered User

Yvonne Heavyside of the Family Zone is also excellent. I also had Hulda and Fiona from Annerley and they were excellent as well!

tsubasa is offline Registered User

Just went this month with my husband to Sarah's home for this class. Not free anymore though- $500 for you and a partner, but this now includes a copy of their book "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" which is worth it. It's a big big book- I'm still just half through it.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to correct a statement above saying our Breastfeeding Class is free. It is not free. It costs $500 and always has since we started giving them in 2003. Each classs includes a copy of the book, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, http://www.lllhk.org/Sales/WAB.html. Details of the class are available at http://www.lllhk.org/Class.html

Our meetings, however, are free. English meeting details are available at http://www.lllhk.org/Meetings.html and Chinese meeting details at http://www.lllhk.org/ChineseMeetings.html

SARAH

La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

banane76 is offline Registered User

The above class was great! It's even better when your partner attends with you because I think it's important for your partner to understand breastfeeding as well. Sarah is an excellent instructor!

catan is offline Registered User

I agree that Sarah's class was great, informative and practical, I learned a lot about breastfeeding that I didn't know previously. For someone who comes from a family who is not knowledgable nor supportive of breastfeeding in general, educating myself, and especially knowing that LLL support is out there is comforting. I also highly recommend going to LLL meetings while pregnant. Seeing breastfeeding in action and getting concerns/ questions/ doubts cleared up has given me more confidence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12