Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you wish you had brought with you?

erina320 is offline Registered User

What do you wish you had brought with you?

Moms in HK, what do you wish you had brought with you on your move to Hong Kong? What do you miss most?

elle is offline Registered User
    For what age kid? For an infant, I would have brought all the big items, stroller, car seat, Fisher Price cradle swing, etc. I also stock up on Desitin, baby clothes, toys, new bottles, formula. While you can get all the basics here for clothing and toys, selection is limited and things are much more expensive here.

For toddlers, if they have a favorite food/ treat, stock up on that. You may not be able to find it here and it can take a while to find a good substitute. Clothes / toys for toddler also.

For adults, favorite toiletries, especially deodorant and items from drugstores. Can get most department store brands here, but not things that you would find at Target in the US.

carang is offline Registered User
    what do i wish i brought?
    1) my mum
    2) Real Canadian Superstore (just pack up a whole store and air drop it here, please!LOL!)
    3) clean air
    4) cheap, low cost activities for the kids that aren't totally overrun by thousands of people at a time
    5) affordable housing
    6) the sense & care of the environment that is totally non-existent here
    7) good greek food
    8) a good selection of SLURPEES from 7-11 (the 2 selections here don't cut it on a 33C day)

sorry, none of the above is directly related to my kids, who were born and raised here... but more of what i miss from home...

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Depends which country you are from... but I don't miss anything, as I can find all I need here, and even a bigger choice... and if I really look for something special, I just order it to my mum, or some friends or some visitors, or just order it on Internet !

erina320 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Elle. That's what I was looking for. It'll help me in talking the hubby into bringing more of the kids things! ;)

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Yes, EVERYTHING is more expensive here. Everything. Except clothes(ie factory outlet and market variety).

southside852 is offline Registered User
    besides my family, everything!!

carang is offline Registered User
    i LOVE the cheap kids' clothes in hk! especially the market clothes! kids grow so fast, i cannot justify spending more on a dress for my 4 year old than i would spend on a dress for myself! but $35 for a top? $40 for a pair of jeans? sure! LOVE THEM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast