Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Phuket travel - any last minute tips?

pinki09 is offline Registered User

Phuket travel - any last minute tips?

Hi Everyone!

Finally 4 days left for our 5day phuket trip - myself @ 6.5 month pregnant + hubby + 20.5 MO. any last minute tips?

We are putting up at Sheraton Laguna and have ordered some stuff like booster chair, potty seat, sterelizer from Phuket baby rentals, so need not carry those bulky items.

I am not able to decide on what breakfast to take for my son. I looked at B2B, Park&Shop, but everything seems to be for <1 yr olds. I would prefer some milk based cereal, so that I just mix in boiled water and easy to feed. Any recommendations?

I have taken a mosquito repellent (low DEET), sun block, nappy rash cream. My son has had his Hep A vaccination this weekend, though I still cannot have it until after delivery, so would have to be v careful with water & food.

Can I have salads / cut fruits at the hotel buffet?

Any tips for the 3.5 hr flight?

Since we would not venture out into water for snor****ing/day trips, and other activities besides relaxing at the resort/beach? zoo? shopping?

Any tips would be very very appreciated :)

Thanks in advance :)

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Phuket is one of the easiest vacation spots for kids - there really isn't anything to worry about as there are tons of foreigners there vacationing and so the Thai are used to it. Your also going to a chain hotel so I am sure you will be well taken care of at the Sheraton. We ate salads while in Phuket, but not on our last trip to Chiang Mai so I think that's a personal decision and we definitely ate fruits. Bring plenty of sunscreen and mosquito repellent (my kids wear NO deet ones) and we also have at least 3 packs of patches.

Tips for the flight - plenty of snacks for your 20 month year old, a couple of small books, but I would have iTouch, DVD player fully charged! Visiting the various beaches around Phuket is really fun. Bang Tao (Sheraton's beach) is gorgeous and we loved Surin beach. Are you renting a car? Super easy to get around. Banyan Tree is right near you too. There's a little shopping village too near by which is clearly built for visitors at Sheraton and Banyan Tree. It also has a small playground. We ate the Lotus Restaurant on Bang Tao Beach one night and it was delicious! It's right on the beach and my older son could run around the sand while we ate. Go around sunset as they have an amazing view of it!

Get massages and just relax. Have a great trip!