Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

bday on beach - bad idea?

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

bday on beach - bad idea?

my bub's second bday is in mid-june and i'm toying with the ideas of sorting out a bday party. i'm thinking about doing a beach party (with bbq ofcourse) but is it a bad idea since it will be too hot to celebrate properly?

most will be adults with 2-3 kids so think the party will be more for us than the kids (>.<).

if anyone has done beach bday then please pass some tips on how to remain cool. we went to a bbq spot in gold coast earlier this year and it had shades so it wasn't that bad but that was in march so not sure how we'll manage to handle the bbq in june......

southside852 is offline Registered User

We have never thrown a beach party ourselves, but some of our friends have here (weather is the same as HK) and to be honest, as soon as I hear beach I decline the invitation. Personally, spending an hour at the playground is one thing, but more than an hour in 90 degree weather w/out an option of cooling off anywhere in an air conditioned space is not ideal for my now 3 year old son and to be honest, myself too. I think beach parties are really hard even if there is shade b/c it's still sooooo hot and kids over heat so easily.

If you are still going forward with it maybe do a breakfast beach party at 9am or late in the afternoon at around 5pm for a bday dinner.

shuchisingh is offline Registered User

we have been to a couple of birthday parties on beach but not combined with bbq. standalone - they are fun. but they are usually early in morn or late in noon depending on the weather.

rani is offline Administrator

Beach parties are fun. Our guy's birthday is in June, and the weather is too unpredictable. We've always done his party indoors cos of rain.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

geomum is offline Registered User

HK weather is too unpredictable better do it indoors.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

yes i did think of the hot/unpredictable weather - thanks for the replies! time to venture out to other (indoor) options :)

evgreen is offline Registered User

If you do decide to go with beach party, i really recommend turtle cove beach in tai tam. the bbq area is shaded by lots of trees. it's a relatively smaller beach, but it is never crowded due to the fact that it is a bit more out of the way. i see families bring young babies there all the time. the water is really clean and the sand is soft.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Evgreen - Where in Tai Tam is turtle cove beach? How do you get to it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast